The mkiv Supra Owners Club

suspension set up

mellonman

If you have adjustable suspension I wouldn't go much lower then 25mm front and rear. For me personally I prefer to have my car slightly stiffer on the rear and a bit softer on the front. I find it helps with front end turn in.

What kind of suspension system do you have or are looking to get?

For me personally I prefer to have my car slightly stiffer on the rear and a bit softer on the front. I find it helps with front end turn in.

Really, the opposite to most, you tend to run a little softer in the rear to allow the car to squat a little to aid traction, you also run stiffer upfront to help with braking as the front is already heavier and then when braking you have the weight transfer from rear to front.

i managed to get my self hight adjustable bilsteins trd ones but i hear they are stiff and give a drop of 15mm out the bag so was wondering

what shall i set them at

also hear the same as wez that the rear should be softer and the front alittle higher

i was thinking of only changing the front spring and dampers only for this reson and using just the trd springs as they are slightly stiffer then stock on the rears

The grey TRD/Bilsteins are stiffly dampened, the spring seats can be adjusted to give 3 different ride heights (with 5mm increments), with aftermarket lowering springs they are going to give a very firm ride. I think I'd try them first with a set of late model standard springs and adjust the spring seats to the required ride height.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)