The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What Drag wheel set up fits stock arches?

Brazil

What Breaks fit on that set up Mark?

How would you compare the drag wheels to say a set of Toyo R888's?

R888s are no good for drag racing, there a circuit tire.

EDIT: just to add, you can get drag radials that fit the stock 16" and 17" wheels but the wheels Mark recommended would be best, I dont think they clear UK rear brakes though, only jspec calipers.

you will need Jspec on , and r888's are no good for drag .

R888s are no good for drag racing, there a circuit tire.

EDIT: just to add, you can get drag radials that fit the stock 16" and 17" wheels but the wheels Mark recommended would be best, I dont think they clear UK rear brakes though, only jspec calipers.

The stock 16" wheels will fit over the UK rear brakes with a small amount of grinding if you need to. That allows you to run 16" MT ET Street tires.

What would be a good drive train set up? TRD LSD? what other components would I need to have peace of mind that I can through everything at it?

Thanks for the Info..!

What would be a good drive train set up? TRD LSD? what other components would I need to have peace of mind that I can through everything at it?

Thanks for the Info..!

Yes the TRD is a good option for drag racing. A stronger drive shaft and driveshaft loops as well are also necessary at high power levels.

What clutch are you running? What hp level are you aiming at?

Yes the TRD is a good option for drag racing. A stronger drive shaft and driveshaft loops as well are also necessary at high power levels.

What clutch are you running? What hp level are you aiming at?

I've got a Gilken Tripple Carbon Plate clutch and my current set up which is at final completion stages are looking at 750 BHP.

a TRD diff is not the best for a drag car ,its all right, but not great. a 2 way kaaz is far better. you need a large case diff, uprated prop mybe one from the DDshop, single lengh. you could go for uprated drive shalfts from the DD shop but at £2500.00 a pair, you my want to see how you get on first , I have broken about 6 of them so far but that is on MT street radial tyre, A radial tyre will don't have much play in the side wall, so things brake. if you go for a slick tyre there is so much give in the tyre , and that will save the drive train, mybe with only bhp you will be better not with a 28'' tall tyre but go with a 26.5 tyre , you my see better times, but it is drag racing its not easy.