The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Shout out for owners who have had winder front wings

mplavery

Hi guys

It's got to that stage where it's starting to bug me that my Do-luck front bumper is not matching in line with my OEM wings

So it looks like I'm going to either get some Do-Luck wings or the bodyshop has suggested that they can widen my OEM wings which i prefer so my wings won't be fibreglass

So my question is what do you do about the front wheel arch liners (shit shields ) as the OEM ones won't reach to the edge of the wings anymore ?

Thanks guys

There will be a gap. Your need to extend the gap to make them cover.

DoLuck wings are also a crap fitment.

If you go that route, with the quality of your car, I'd highly recommend getting them moulded onto the OEM wings and adjust to fit the bumper. My car lined up perfectly, and now it's now as perfect with the wings.

Different wing's could make your situation worst.

When i had the arches fitted to the my supra, the liners didnt reach (obv)

I elongated some of the holes attaching the liner which allowed me to "swivel" the liner around to meet the outer edge again.

Prob 1 of about 6 "solutions" for this, but worked fine for me and with minimal hasle.

There will be a gap. Your need to extend the gap to make them cover.

DoLuck wings are also a crap fitment.

If you go that route, with the quality of your car, I'd highly recommend getting them moulded onto the OEM wings and adjust to fit the bumper. My car lined up perfectly, and now it's now as perfect with the wings.

Different wing's could make your situation worst.

Wrong I have the original ones and they fit perfect, maybe replica.

Here's how they look I would go with do luck personally considering your kit.

My wings are still stock underneath, been built up with fibreglass resin and skimmed to get a smooth finish

Not sure if it's the sort of thing you want to look at

Arch liner wise, a 2nd set of liners with the bolt holes adjusted to allow them to come across the extra, both sets then cut down to make one slightly overlapping set

There are a few pics here to give an idea of the build up work near the beginning of the thread and more around post 108 onwards

Thanks guys, seems there are a few options I can do

Love the look of your car Jazz and rog, very interesting that the original shit shields fit the Do-luck wings

I do like the thought of having original Do-Luck wings but I don't like that idea of having fibreglass wings

After the hassle Rob had with his genuine Do-Luck bonnet, who knows?! :)

My Do-Luck front bumper is a great fit ... Any imperfectections the bodyshop can sort out.... But I know there is always the odd one which is not great no matter what make it is