The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Trd diff

Jellybean

I heard you had to do figure of eights to break them in, dunno if it's true or not but if there not broken in correctly they can fail apparently.

I have an auto UK spec diff so would like to know this also.

Never heard that before. I've got the TRD in my UK spec TT auto diff and I just drove it normally.

I heard you had to do figure of eights to break them in, dunno if it's true or not but if there not broken in correctly they can fail apparently.

Never heard that before, I have a TRD in a large casing with Chris Wilson fitted for me years ago.

Never heard that before, I have a TRD in a large casing with Chris Wilson fitted for me years ago.

What oil do you run Wez? What is the oil interval, maintenance like in general

Just trying to guage versus my carbonetics, if it is an option for me to go TRD

Mine gets regular oil changes when I use the motor, its got a diff leak and has had for ages, one of the seals has gone on more than one occasion which is frigging annoying.

I use the stuff that Oilman recommended, Fuchs Titan Race something :search:

I broke my TRD in with fig.8's + circles both ways in a dis-used car par park, about 20 of each at slow speed. I then dropped the oil and refilled with fresh Silkolene BOA mineral diff oil as recommended by Opie.

There's also recommendation not to exceed 85mph for the first 1,000 miles or so in case of bearings overheating but I didn't bother with that. My TRD then went on to normal service with no unwanted vibrations or noises I've seen from many aftermarket diffs. It was fitted with new seals and carrier bearings and never leaked.

Cheers,

Brian.