The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi All, another newbie

Guest Rich_s

Guest Rich_s

Hi everyone.

As user name would give it away, my name's rich.

I don't currently own a Supra, but have registered to the club hoping to gather as much information as I can before purchasing.

I'm currently working abroad, and plan to buy a supra when I return to the U.K.

I've seen the pdf for "what to check when buying a supra" so will have a read through that as what to look out for,

but I'm also after peoples opinions of what model to purchase, pro's/con's of manual vs auto, turbo vs n/a as I really like the style of the supra, but don't know much about models/variations/engines etc as before I came to work away owning a supra was just a dream of mine, but now I have the opportunity (know that sounds cheesy and I'm thinking "idiot" about myself as I'm writing it, but hopefully you'll get what I mean)

so I'm taking the time before I'm home to do my research ready to purchase the right one

Edited by listy
Swearing (see edit history)

Guest Rich_s

thanks for the welcomes,

Spent the last week looking through threads, searching internet, reading reviews etc and I think the way forward is definitely T.T, and will have to be manual.

but on the transmission side of things seen a supra advertised with an auto box with manual mode, how does this work? do you get full as manual gear changes? sorry if it's a daft question

also from what I read in the "Model Differences" section of the clubs "guide to the Toyota supra" you can't get a manual aerotop?

will definitely get in touch with Jurgen @ Jm Imports after reading everyone's reviews/rating off him. also seen Paul Browns cars have a nice stock, and if they do as their website states, a fantastic service, anyone have dealings with them?

Hi Rich, welcome to the forum. Good work regards having read the PDFs already - they are a good place to start to get your head around the different Supra offerings :)

I'd do a search on here for both Jurgen and Paul Brown - you will see all of the answers to your queries regarding their services from there ;)

thanks for the welcomes,

Spent the last week looking through threads, searching internet, reading reviews etc and I think the way forward is definitely T.T, and will have to be manual.

but on the transmission side of things seen a supra advertised with an auto box with manual mode, how does this work? do you get full as manual gear changes? sorry if it's a daft question

also from what I read in the "Model Differences" section of the clubs "guide to the Toyota supra" you can't get a manual aerotop?

will definitely get in touch with Jurgen @ Jm Imports after reading everyone's reviews/rating off him. also seen Paul Browns cars have a nice stock, and if they do as their website states, a fantastic service, anyone have dealings with them?

Welcome to the club mate

You want a TT manual mate ... There a bit more money but worth it

J M Imports is highly rated on this forum so def go with him ... Do a search on Paul Brown cars on here as there are a few threads ....

Edited by mplavery (see edit history)

Guest Rich_s

Yea, I've noticed the increase in price for the T.T manual, but if I'm doing it, I'm gonna go big and be happy appose to compromising to save a couple of quid, already told my wife, once I've hit my target of what I aim to save working away, before I come home, I'll be doing 4-8 weeks extra for supra money. I had originally thought I'd need about 6k, but having looked think I'm gonna need to allow for a possible 4k more to get a nice manual T.T. unless I get lucky. one thing I have at the moment is time to research and keep an eye out encase the right one comes along, if it does before I'm home I'll have to trust that my wife doesn't use it.