The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rust issue

Guest matthew14

Guest matthew14

Hay everyone need a lil help I ve noticed rust on my boot lid round the rubber seal where the window meets the metal an it's getting worse just thinking would it be cheaper to change the boot lid or try to fix it an if so wat to do as realy don't fancy a big spray job

Better grammar and spelling/less text speak would be appreciated.

Below, is an example:

Hey everyone, I need a little help. I've noticed rust on my boot lid around the rubber seal where the window meets the metal and it's getting worse. Just thinking, would it be cheaper to change the boot lid or try to fix it? If so, what to do as I really don't fancy a big spray job.
Edited by listy (see edit history)

Guest matthew14

Thanks for all the help an always nice having ya spelling and grammer commented on my someone that places there xbox gamer tag on tbere profile as drtymunkypants. Maybe less spell checking treads an xbox more finding a girlfriend time

Thanks for all the help an always nice having ya spelling and grammer commented on my someone that places there xbox gamer tag on tbere profile as drtymunkypants. Maybe less spell checking treads an xbox more finding a girlfriend time

Your posts will be likely taken more seriously if they are well constructed, thought out and appropriately punctuated. 'Txt spk' is frowned upon on these forums I'm afraid. Please cut down on it. ;)

As for the topic at hand - I'd opt to repair properly with new seals and a respray. As mentioned, if you purchase another bootlid, you may be hit with the same issue not too far down the line.

Alternatively, as per bignum's posting, a carbon bootlid - if in your budget/something you'd desire - could be a good option also. It all depends how much you wish to spend I suppose. :)

Edited by James (see edit history)

I replaced mine with a carbon jobby, it`ll never rust, weights 25kgs less, opens automatically on the struts but made me £400 lighter:cool:

Who did you get it from? And did you fit glass or plastic for the rear window? What is the final fit 'n finish like?

Your posts will be likely taken more seriously if they are well constructed, thought out and appropriately punctuated. 'Txt spk' is frowned upon on these forums I'm afraid. Please cut down on it. ;)

Better grammar and spelling/less text speak would be appreciated.

Even provided an example of how he could have written his first post :p