The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Poor Supra Needs Heart Surgery Donations Welcome :(

MattP

Sadly on return from the gym yesterday my car developed the knock of death Possible bottom end failure luckily it got me home (just) but roughly a mile from my house it threw its guts up in dramatic fashion big black cloud of smoke etc etc....

Long story short I now require a replacement N/A engine block preferably low mileage with no oil burning or valve seal problems whos got one kicking about they dont want :)

Luckily I have just finished my final second year exam for this academic year so I have until September to repair the vehicle.

Pictures of the problem as follows and yes that is all oil.......

Also any N/A-T kits Lying around I would consider buying off anyone whilst the engines out May aswell look at forced induction options.....

And yes the car is worth saving I have invested in all new suspension struts,springs,top mounts,braided brake lines,drilled and grooved disks, all calipers rebuilt using chris wilson kit, all new ignition componets etc etc the list of money spent this year is endless its too good of a car bar the engine ofcourse to break.

Bad luck on the failure, seems odd though wonder what caused it, they are normally bullet proof.

My thoughts exactly, can I ask how many miles the car has done and when was it last serviced?

I've seen plenty of N/A engines take serious abuse, some with high mileage and still they run perfectly.

Oh dear... I guess you mean you've had problems with it since you got it?

On a brighter note. Someone has offered a block although if this has happened before you're better off getting a whole other engine. There's plenty about cheap. Contact RobD he has one at the garage :)

Good luck getting it fixed! Sorry you've had problems with it :(

I appreciate your offer however I think Im going to stick with the 2JZ in either N/A or N/A-T form

If you want more power it'd be far better and cheaper to fit a 2JZGTE engine rather than go the NA-T route.

If you want more power it'd be far better and cheaper to fit a 2JZGTE engine rather than go the NA-T route.

This had been considered Im not really fussed about power hence the N/A purchase in the first place haha however I feel I would enjoy an N/A-T build as whichever route I go the Block will be refreshed with genuine gaskets/seals crank pulley etc etc.... for piece of mind.

Just in case you missed my post in the heat of argument, contact RobD about his engine ;)

Thank you that man I will pm him now I have pmd Josh aswell regarding his N/A I asked one of our charming moderators to clean up the thread as it went off track so a thank you to Mr Listy for his efforts aswell.