The mkiv Supra Owners Club

bpu

girth45

Hi , starting to put together the parts for a bpu on my 98 TT vvti auto tiptronic, looking for advice on manufacturers and, components iI am looking at the gizzmo ms-2 boost controller with built fcd and turbo timer, does anybody run one of these? Or have any info on there quality and ease of fitment, would it be diy job to fit? Also do I decat both or one pipe, and I want an exhaust that's not to loud, but has the power benefits, any suggestions?

Any help and advice:D

I think the search button may be your friend here, matey. ;)

I'm not sure about the brands you mention for the FCD, etc. Convention dictates you remove both cats from the exhaust and fit a restrictor ring, but I just removed the second and left the first alone and it ran fine for years. It keeps the MOT man happy too. :innocent:

Try the HKS Super Drager for a decent throaty-but-not-too-loud exhaust note. :)

I think the search button may be your friend here, matey. ;)

I'm not sure about the brands you mention for the FCD, etc. Convention dictates you remove both cats from the exhaust and fit a restrictor ring, but I just removed the second and left the first alone and it ran fine for years. It keeps the MOT man happy too. :innocent:

Try the HKS Super Drager for a decent throaty-but-not-too-loud exhaust note. :)

At 1.2 bar your egt's will be dangerously high.

I aint saying it doesnt fit fine. It does the exact same job as the expensive ones but its made from thinner cheaper material so it makes it louder then a decent brand decat. As long as you dont mind it being louder

At 1.2 bar your egt's will be dangerously high.

;)

Thanks Dave r

Haribo for you at next meet:d

:thumbs: I'm gonna hold you to it! :D

I aint saying it doesnt fit fine. It does the exact same job as the expensive ones but its made from thinner cheaper material so it makes it louder then a decent brand decat. As long as you dont mind it being louder

I really can imagine it would make that much difference, its just a pipe.

Hi , starting to put together the parts for a bpu on my 98 TT vvti auto tiptronic, looking for advice on manufacturers and, components iI am looking at the gizzmo ms-2 boost controller with built fcd and turbo timer, does anybody run one of these?

It's quite a basic boost controller, if you are on a budget I'd look for a 2nd hand Blitz SBC ID/icolor or HKS EVC boost controller.

Also do I decat both or one pipe, and I want an exhaust that's not to loud, but has the power benefits, any suggestions?

Remove both cats for the best results.

Blitz NUR RX or Tanabe Medallion Touring are 2 of the quietest exhausts available for the Supra.

I really can imagine it would make that much difference, its just a pipe.

If you ever get the two next to each other you will see what i mean ebay is thin and hollow, if u put ur mouth and shout from one of the flanges it will be loud. Do the same on a premuim one and it will be the same as shouting with no pipe.

I hope you get what i mean

Have you read the BPU section in the tech articles mate? some good stuff in there.

Main thing to remember before upping the boost or going for more power is to give it a full service with decent parts and fluids and check everything is working fine. Also check the coil pack clips, these break down with age and can cause miss fires etc when upping the boost.

Also I would look at going to a colder grade spark plug when upping the boost. Grade 7 will be sufficient for BPU.

I use NGK coppers BKR7E that I change twice a year (only do about 5000 miles if that), £12 for 6, again a good post in the tech section about this.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/forumdisplay.php?64-Technical-Reference-amp-FAQs

Edited by TubbyTwo (see edit history)