The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TT Engine ok or not ok to install.

Guest Knightrider1980

Guest Knightrider1980

Hiya guys, long story but will try and make it short and easy.

I have a TT engine to put into my NA, but due to me being unemployed at the time it has been in the garage of the guys at South Wales Tuning for nearly three years now, they recently told me that the engine is now NO GOOD to install into my car due to the dampness and cold winters even tho they tried protecting it as much as they can, so i ask you guys where do i go from here, is the engine good and they are giving me BS or are they telling me the truth and i live with it and look for another engine?

Hiya guys, long story but will try and make it short and easy.

I have a TT engine to put into my NA, but due to me being unemployed at the time it has been in the garage of the guys at South Wales Tuning for nearly three years now, they recently told me that the engine is now NO GOOD to install into my car due to the dampness and cold winters even tho they tried protecting it as much as they can, so i ask you guys where do i go from here, is the engine good and they are giving me BS or are they telling me the truth and i live with it and look for another engine?

I don't see why it wouldn't be ok, sounds like total BS to me, just give the engine a thorough service before you install it.

People find cars in barns that have been there upto 40 years plus and get them running,its more likely theyve seen how much that persons selling one on ebay for £4300 del. So if they say theyll get rid free of charge for you,id get there quick before it vanishes

Someone on here a while back rescued a supra that had been sat in the woods behind his dads office block for many years (or something like that).

New fluids, new battery, and it fired first time.

They are talking absolute rubbish IMO.

Guest Knightrider1980
Sounds like the engine was stored seperate to the car? It wasn't left with no turbos or intake or anything on it was it :p

Standard turbo's were left on it but was housed by the protection plate, air filter is off, engine is still there, the guys there known me for nearly 10 years and know i want the engine back, they knew my job situation and i kept in touch with them, they also taken over 100 pounds of me as i was doing installments to get the engine back into my car again. The thing is they have gone into a new direction with the business dealing with government projects and doing research and development so it could be that they cant be bothered to do it. my mate AMO who drives an orange NSX with the full trial body kit took his car off them recently in a huff as they were taking so long working on it and went somewhere else, think i will do the same and grab my engine and get someone on here to service it and install, if kearon still does it then i will go to him.

Flush the engine through, remove cam covers and plugs, fill with cheap mineral oil - including oil in each cylinder - turn the engine over by hand or with the starter motor, then flush through again, fit new oil filter and refill with fresh oil. Also remove the thermostat and flush out the water galleries to get rid of any corrosion.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

Sounds to me like they are tryin to make money from your engine... Are you sure they haven't already sold it and your going to get a call saying they binned it because it was no good !

Especially as you've been paying 100 quid instalments for something they've not done?!

Guest Knightrider1980
Sounds to me like they are tryin to make money from your engine... Are you sure they haven't already sold it and your going to get a call saying they binned it because it was no good !

They have not binned it, i paid 100 pounds and offered to do installments, around december last year they told me to save the cash and bring it down when i got it all, being unemployed at the time was hard to do, no i am starting work next month i told them that i can go ahead with it, which was when they told me what they said, i kept updating them over e-mails, will be going down to talk to them soon to what to do, if they can do then great, if not then i had a message from keron that he would do it.

Guest Knightrider1980

Contacted south wales tuning, engine and stuff is still there, was told that it has some moisture in the engine and that it would have to be taken apart and cleaned out which will cost me about 9k???!!!

contacted keron on here and just waiting for reply as he is willing to clean the engine up and install it for me.

Contacted south wales tuning, engine and stuff is still there, was told that it has some moisture in the engine and that it would have to be taken apart and cleaned out which will cost me about 9k???!!!

contacted keron on here and just waiting for reply as he is willing to clean the engine up and install it for me.

That's absolutely hilarious £9k to clean the engine !! My 911 rebuild only cost me £7k, and that was an actual rebuild lol !

Get everything you own out of that garage asap, once you have, tell them they are a bunch of scamming rip-off artists and tell as many people about them as you can. Companies like that don't deserve to be in business !!

Go with someone on here, a reputable trader :)

Edited by kill1308
spelling (see edit history)

£9K to strip clean and put it back together??? you can pick up a 2nd hand engine running from £2k! Sounds like they are trying to take you for a ride mate.

I would speak to Lee at SRD and see what he can do, I wouldn't be giving these guys any more money if it were me.

Guest Knightrider1980
£9K to strip clean and put it back together??? you can pick up a 2nd hand engine running from £2k! Sounds like they are trying to take you for a ride mate.

I would speak to Lee at SRD and see what he can do, I wouldn't be giving these guys any more money if it were me.

Currently waiting on Keron at the moment as he wants to do the install and clean up, to me personely i think the engine i fine and just needs flushing out and new filters and plugs, SW-T have been trying to get me to do big turbo's and new cams along with a manuel conversion for ages, but all i want is my TT engine installed and running with the auto box and thats it i am happy