The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HELP - Urgently need a rear N/S brake caliper for Dragonball!

WildFiresupra

My brakes won't seem to stop grabbing the disc. Even though the brake pads are only very slightly touching it and I can roll freely very slowly before it stops on the road. It still manages to heat up the disc alot hotter than the other side.

I copper greased the piston and sliders and that hasn't fixed it. Any suggestions or anyone have a spare caliper cheap I can buy before Friday? Thanks alot!

I have a spare set of rear calipers here in Reading you can have. They are in storage but I can get them out of there as it's only 5 minutes away. I can help you change them out on my drive if needed. Postcode RG2 8AR. I'll PM my mobile.

Edit, good point Ellis, I assumed by previous posts it was the little ones (edit, oh and he mentioned sliders, so it is them)

All a bit last minute but Ben dropped by this evening to have a look at the caliper. There is nothing really wrong with it... the sliders have some small score marks but nothing major, they are not sticking at all. The piston is also working absolutely fine. It is getting a little hot but after his 30 minute drive here it wasn't anything significant, cool enough to touch after a couple of minutes stopped. Did a bit of a clean up of the sliders as there was way too much copper slip on them, but that was it.

It didn't seem to be a claiper issue, so have suggested it might be an air lock in the ABS system. There is also a small leak from the gasket between the pbrake pressure cylinder and brake master which may not be helping. Can't really suggest what else it could be, but at least his headlights are now working :)