The mkiv Supra Owners Club

aerocatches

peter richards

not having much luck in getting my bonnet to stay shut on my side , main question as it just pops up is it still safe or is it likely to blow over , the other side seems ok .

on to the aerocatches not a great fan of them looks wise but if it means the bonnets safe then I might fit them .

feedback please guys who have them

peter

I'm still going to get aero catches at some point but luckily for me I like the look. Built for a purpose and function ;) Try winding the rubber bump stops down all the way and close the bonnet. Maybe one is too high for it to latch down properly? Then obviously wind them both back up and find the best height.

• 6 months later...

I fitted mine and tried to locate them where previous hole was made for pin. It was a complete PITA getting them just so. I also had to cut part of the catch to allow the pin to engage. The angle they sit at in certain areas is quite deceptive. Having said that I do like the added security they give!imageimage

I fitted mine and tried to locate them where previous hole was made for pin. It was a complete PITA getting them just so. I also had to cut part of the catch to allow the pin to engage. The angle they sit at in certain areas is quite deceptive. Having said that I do like the added security they give!http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/21/yvavu6er.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/21/aharyvy2.jpg

Thanks for uploading the pictures on where you fitted your aerocatches:)

But what I mean is that depending on where you fit them would they be more or less efficient on keeping the bonnet secure?

Does it not matter where you fit them because it will secure the bonnet no matter where you fit them?

You obviously need to place them with the pins on the front cross member (photo 2). I was slightly restricted due to previous pins on bonnet. Mine are in a similar position to most. I have not heard of others having to cut a lug out of the catch, but I did due to the angle it sits on the bonnet. There is a fitting thread somewhere in here that might assist. Can't locate on tapatalk though.