The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK spec front disks

Branners

Anybody else had trouble getting UK spec disks from Toyota?

My car went in to an independent garage to have the front brakes changed this morning but they have said they cannot get the disks until the 23rd May.

Anybody got any quicker way of getting them?

My car will survive on what it has, it was more a slight warp on the disk as opposed to them being worn out, but it was a surprise to find they couldnt get the disks quickly.

I've just ordered a front pair from an ebay shop with a decent enough rep, about £110 delivered. I'll let you know if I get cardboard fake ones, but they did provide the correct part numbers and sell separate left and right hand ones :D

Must be Toyota St Albans being crap. I went in there the other day to ask for a quote and the lady said 'its a fixed price, let me just see how much' as she looked at the poster on the wall listing their old people's cars. I said it wont be on the list, its a Supra, she said S U P R A and wandered away to find a parts chap. 10 minutes later they came back and said they were struggling to find the right part and would need the car to measure the disk size!! They then came back at £360 all in for new disks, pads and fitting. I got back in the best Toyota they ever built and I left.

I called my Toyota today for front discs and they will be here Wednesday all in for £92 so no problems with my Toyota and yes UK spec.

if thats including vat thats a really good price well done, mr T wants £126 including vat from me

Interested in this as I am getting slight vibration at high speeds. I am also getting a slight vibration through the pedal during hard breaking.

Would the disc being slightly warped affect the steering vibration? Had the wheels balanced before DB and they were straight.

H.

Can you get hold of a DTI clock and then check the discs on the car, warped discs

could cause steering vibes

I can get hold of one yes.

Looking at the discs today they have a slight lip on them so maybe time to change anyway. It's only at about 75 - 80 that it starts becoming an issue but never gets better unlike it does with wheel balance being out.

I can get hold of one yes.

Looking at the discs today they have a slight lip on them so maybe time to change anyway. It's only at about 75 - 80 that it starts becoming an issue but never gets better unlike it does with wheel balance being out.

Harvard pal this is what was happening to me braking Hardish after 80 would shake my steering wheel ad shudder the front end as soon as I replaced the front discs it has not completely gone . Smooth braking love it :D

I received and and fitted mine, they were pukka Toyota parts in the box and everything. Fixed my uneven disk issue which was very pronounced at higher speeds by now.

Also while the wheels were off, I bled all four corners using the vacuum brake bleeder tool I think DnK put me on to. I just can't recommend this thing highly enough. I went from slack pedal takeup and wooden feel to no slack and lovely squidgy progressive brakes first go with minimal effort :D