The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cant kill my supra!?!

Mace

I'm supposed to be starting to break up the uk supra TT I bought as a donor, I can't bring myself to kill it :rolleyes:.. Has anyone else suffered with this? I actually fitted all the parts I have hanging around to see if it looked better and it did!.. Its terrible shape at the moment no bodykit (apart from spoiler) or interior. Is it worth saving?? Or have I lost it?

Pic on the truck... and no fast and furious references please..

$T2eC16ZHJIYE9qUcOt5GBRjt46WPVQ~~60_12.JPG

Edited by Mace (see edit history)

Its mainly the interior parts that worry me to be honest, nothing there at all apart from outer dash and steering wheel and a few random side plastics and boot plastics. Could probably throw a grand at it just with all the plastics, door cards and seats... Its a bit of a ten minute car at the moment..

Where are the main areas on the uk one? my jap import is still perfect underneath so not used to looking for rust..

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368388901.173272.jpg

See the bottom of the rad? That's supposed to be a solid metal bar that it sits on.... Ours was rotted to nothing.

Sills were shot. Floor was rusting. Not good lol

[ATTACH]169337[/ATTACH]

See the bottom of the rad? That's supposed to be a solid metal bar that it sits on.... Ours was rotted to nothing.

Sills were shot. Floor was rusting. Not good lol

Actually I noticed that that rad panel is rusted quite badly, its still all there but its noticeably rusty. Also the ARB is pretty rusty. I'll check the sills and floor I didn't even think they rotted out there!

just sell it....... to me!

You wouldn't want to pay as much as I did. Got a bit carried away

The cross member the rad sits on is an easy fix to be honest, if you really

wanted to do it on the cheap just cut the rot out and weld in a new section.

Or you can fit a new one, there not that much for a brand new cross

member, about £70 or there abouts and do able in a day if you have a 2

post ramp and know what your doing

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Actually I noticed that that rad panel is rusted quite badly, its still all there but its noticeably rusty. Also the ARB is pretty rusty. I'll check the sills and floor I didn't even think they rotted out there!

You wouldn't want to pay as much as I did. Got a bit carried away

Check it all mate, there was so much rust it wasn't worth doing at all. I know its just been said that its a cheap fix but it all adds up!

Just been out and checked sills are fine and floor is solid although suspension components are just brown with rust but think its the same on my other one its just surface..... It will never be a uk spec again though is the problem, i'm not going to hunt out all the uk parts and put it back to show room condition so is it really worth doing? Just seems a waste of a car to bump it off for the engine?

Just been out and checked sills are fine and floor is solid although suspension components are just brown with rust but think its the same on my other one its just surface..... It will never be a uk spec again though is the problem, i'm not going to hunt out all the uk parts and put it back to show room condition so is it really worth doing? Just seems a waste of a car to bump it off for the engine?

That's how I felt but tbh what else can you do, it's either fix it back to a uk spec or take the bits off and make another shell better...

That's how I felt but tbh what else can you do, it's either fix it back to a uk spec or take the bits off and make another shell better...
+1 for fixing it, take your time and do it right though. Got to remember there were only 600 odd UK specs ever made.

I'm undecided at the moment, going to have to make up my mind this week. To be honest the only reason i'm thinking about it is because its Uk spec. If it was jspec it would be getting weighed in next week as my jspec is a really good straight car (apart from the n/a thing).... That 600 odd sold was a bit of a myth isn't it? I was told by someone at Toyota it was more like a thousand? But it was hard to tell as in 1993 they sold both models and don't know how many mk4's they sold :blink: