The mkiv Supra Owners Club

my supra the "sleeper" PICTURES!!

jay200bhp

Since buying Andy Baileys supra single a year ago Dec gone i have changed alot on the car and thought i would debut it here so you can see what i have been upto. I will let the pictures do the talking some of the main changes have been To change the banded wheels for a set of Works from Dane.

The HKS F-con was removed and a syvecs S6 with trac control fitted.A set of OEM confetti recaros from Jamesys silver car were added then removed and retrimmed in black and light grey Leather ,I also had the doors trimmed and the rear bench and boot carpet while i was at it.

The battery was moved to the boot on a custom carbon platform ,Ridox fenders added,the interior painted ,an OEM bonnet scoop added and also a set of 12an breathers for the cam covers..

here are some photos to date i hope you enjoy them...

attachment.php?attachmentid=169295&d=1368379118

attachment.php?attachmentid=169296&d=1368379118

IMG-20120222-01064.jpg

IMG-20120222-01070.jpg

Edited by jay200bhp (see edit history)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first up are a few of the seats the car has had,It came to me with OEM leather i swapped these out for Jamesys OEM Recaro confetti then Re-trimmed them in leather from Martrim i had the centres done a very light grey and perforated the leather then had the seamstress sew a diamond in too detail the seat centre cushions to...

attachment.php?attachmentid=169297&d=1368379379

attachment.php?attachmentid=169298&d=1368379379

attachment.php?attachmentid=169299&d=1368379379

attachment.php?attachmentid=169300&d=1368379379

attachment.php?attachmentid=169301&d=1368379379

IMG-20120422-01150.jpg

IMG-20120406-01114.jpg

2012-05-28 18.jpg

IMG-20120605-01260.jpg

photo.jpg

the defi gauge link unit was mounted in a din pocket below the radio so a tool was made to lay prepreg carbon on and make a flat panel to hold it on the dash and make a feature out of it .The next few pics show this before ,during the tooling stages and after all fitted.

attachment.php?attachmentid=169308&d=1368380190

attachment.php?attachmentid=169309&d=1368380190

attachment.php?attachmentid=169310&d=1368380190

attachment.php?attachmentid=169311&d=1368380190

attachment.php?attachmentid=169312&d=1368380190

c6615128.jpg

IMG-20111205-00952.jpg

IMG-20111216-00964.jpg

IMG-20111219-00965.jpg

IMG-20120227-01073.jpg

final one of the defi mounting panel...i bonded this to a tray (din sized) and used the trays front bezel facia to chassis glue to the pocket to mount the front of my defi panel... with bespoke hole for the link unit box.

- - - Updated - - -

attachment.php?attachmentid=169313&d=1368380486

attachment.php?attachmentid=169314&d=1368380486

i shall continue the thread soon with more photos gents...

IMG-20111223-00967.jpg

c6615128.jpg

That spoiler has ruined the car in my opinion.... looks hideous and doesn't really serve any purpose, unless you plan on having lunch on your boot and need somewhere to put your sandwiches :D

You may as well take the 'Sleeper' stickers off now too.

Rest of the car is nice though, seat re-trim looks cool.

hello mate ,i see from you gallery you like the stoxck look ,thats a beautiful facelift you have there lovely wheels... i loved the big gay wing and one popped up so i bought it ! i plan to go ridox rear wide so it should work with the future plans! its running a t67 single to ill get some photos of engine progress soon,

That spoiler has ruined the car in my opinion.... looks hideous and doesn't really serve any purpose, unless you plan on having lunch on your boot and need somewhere to put your sandwiches :D

You may as well take the 'Sleeper' stickers off now too.

Rest of the car is nice though, seat re-trim looks cool.

clearly not a sleeper , you need to rename it mate , before a mod comes along and changes the title to something more appopriate ;)

SLEEPER

A sleeper (US English) or Q-car (British English) is a car that has high performance and an unassuming exterior.[1][2] Sleeper cars are termed such because their exterior looks little or no different from a standard or economy-class car. In some cases the car appears worse due to seeming neglect on the owner's part, typically referred to as "all go and no show". While appearing to be a standard or neglected car, internally they are modified to perform at higher performance levels.

Gents have a look at the car when andy owned it ... it was a sleeper in his advert and as a nod to andy and a bit of a pi*s take i chose to name it that ... see a bit of a joke... the kraken hodge owns is a mystic sea creature thought to be a giant squid so i think we will be okay wont we? ;) plus mr bailey hates the shiny shiny look i went for :D

kraken (ˈkrɑːkən)

— n

a legendary sea monster of gigantic size believed to dwell off the coast of Norway

from Norwegian, of obscure origin

clearly not a sleeper , you need to rename it mate , before a mod comes along and changes the title to something more appopriate ;)

SLEEPER

A sleeper (US English) or Q-car (British English) is a car that has high performance and an unassuming exterior.[1][2] Sleeper cars are termed such because their exterior looks little or no different from a standard or economy-class car. In some cases the car appears worse due to seeming neglect on the owner's part, typically referred to as "all go and no show". While appearing to be a standard or neglected car, internally they are modified to perform at higher performance levels.