The mkiv Supra Owners Club

help me!

jackies321

hi guys erm... i came off the road about a hour ago i understand its a rwd and its been raining but i barely have to touch the peddle and its going all over the road , luckily i just missed a metal sign by a few inches that would probably would of wrote the car off im not big in knowledge will all car stuff ( yeah i bought a supra but im young and stupid ) how can i help with tracking ? i dont have a spoiler would that make much of a difference please help ( no flame

17inch still good ammount of tread and its NA

Ditch finders or a decent set of rubber? Also what condition is the suspension in?

Is this your first RWD car as they demand more skill/attention/common sense to drive than FWD cars especially if your driving quickly or in rubbish weather.

been pissing it down and just came off a roundabout shit me up tbf :( iv crashed before but if some 1 would of been behind me it wouldnt of helped either ~.~

I don't understand.

What make are the tyres you have on the rear and what condition are they in?

It is easy to spin out in the rain in a supra at very low speeds if you are slightly turning and give too much throttle which tbh is what this sounds like. It happened to me in rain where I went round a mini roundabout coming into a Tesco petrol station and span right out.

This applies even more in an auto as it'll kick down!

Few things to check.

* Tyre make & model all round

* Tyre tread & depth, check the if the wear is even across the tyre

* Tyre pressure

Then take it for a Geo setup to ensure the wheels are aligned properly as much earlier in the thread.

Eagle F1's have brilliant all weather grip levels.

Same here on the stock wheels, and can pull away hard in the wet without them spinning up. Even pulling out of junctions it's very easy to control. The Michelin Pilot Sport on the LMs are awful in the wet with about equal tread.

I'm going for tyres :)