The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Handbrake Handle?

merckx

Originally posted by Paul E

If you wait a week or so I have one coming from Germany that might be just what you are after - cheap too!:thumbs:

Is that the fetish shipment we spoke of Paul ??????? Are you still getting the 'anal intruders' ????, and i hope the studded bags are what you were expecting :)

Dude:flame Dev

• 3 weeks later...

yeah, that's pretty much how mine looks, although i have the alcantara gaiter with it. If you do buy from demontweeks, get the large gaiter as they have a selection of sizes available. You can always tuck the extra matrial under the rubber surround at the base of the handbrake.

Originally posted by nuttynutz

duno whos car this was at JAE billing, but it looks like a very nice job.

That would be me! Sorry, I didn't notice this thread till just now or I would have posted a pic earlier. Here's a better one:-

http://www.simonshouse.plus.com/interior.JPG

Originally posted by Supragal

Did it look like that at NUR? :eek:

Also, NUR vid should be hosted vvvv soon- gave cd to someone yesterday to put somewhere ;)

Hmm. How much are those handbrake gaiters? :innocent:

More or less :innocent:. Can't remember if I had the handbrake or not then. Having the seats re-covered makes a huge difference - it looks so much better now. I'm giving the interior some attention atm, I did the "blue led" conversion the other weekend too and I've replaced my tatty old chrome rings round the dials with shiny new ones. Just need some stainless steel dials when Pete gets a pattern off a facelift and I'll be there :).

Can't remember how much the gaitor was now, but it was quite expensive. Got it from L4Leather along with the handbrake (both Momo). I'm not sure it would fit anything other than a Momo handle.

Originally posted by Ambrose7

thats a quality mod to the handbrake, was it hard to get the rubber off the whole handbrake? have you got a pic of how you fastened the gator down?

It's a bit of a sod, yes. I just cut it off in the end - the handle and gaitor are one big bit of rubber as standard, so you have to replace both or neither! The gaitor attaches at the top to the handbrake handle (as they are both Momo). It only just stretches round the metal bit of the handbrake at the front - not quite a perfect fit. It's not fastened down by anything, there's an elasticated bit at the bottom IIRC, and it's just hidden by the normal trim. Here's a photo, you'll see what I mean:-

http://www.simonshouse.plus.com/handbrake.jpg