The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Realistic 0-60 times? Somebody must know...!

schemauk

Evenings guys,

I've been lurking on this forum the past few days, looking at the necessaries, some of the un-necessaries, and the classifieds - being an downright lurker, to be honest :sly: - but its about time I posted something, so why not start with a question..!

I'm buying a Supra. It probably wont be till early 2014, but best start looking early to find exactly what you want, right? (Ideally it would be a 6speed TT aerotop, but who am I kidding...)

So I've been all over the internet, and I swear I cannot find any true or realistic 0-60 times for any Supras' at all. I hope some of you guys can help me?

1) I'm trying to find the 'official' 0-60 time of the N/A Supra, completely stock

2) A realistic time of a 0-60 N/A Supra, with a few common modifications such as decat, exhaust, you get the idea.

The reason is, I'm hopefully going to buy a 6speed N/A Supra - already with a few light modifications - with plans to either do a NA-T conversion, or sell up at a later point and just buy a 6speed TT... Either way I'm getting the N/A first so I can at least get a feel for the car. Jumping immediately from 2.0d's into a TT may be the end of my licence, if not my life, and I'd rather not lose either at the tender age of 21 :innocent:

If anyone has a tasty N/A Supra and is looking to sell within the year, let me know - She'll be given a good home, from a mechanically minded chap, and won't be turned into some lambo-doored 'look-at-me' machine :p

Also, whilst we're here, any you owners out there get some nice burbles on the overrun? 'Pops and bangs', some may say?

Cheers,

Dom

I don't think anybody really uses 0-60 as a gauge for anything anymore, seems to be a bit of a useless measurement.

I won't make the usual NA jibes! :D

You just missed a lovely NA that sold - usually a few lurking in the classifieds - if you cough up a tenner you can browse happily in there.

Hahaha, it may be a useless measurement, but I can generally gauge it against other cars in a kind of backwards fashion...! I've read enough of the N/A snide comments to last me a lifetime - it nearly put me off it completely... Who knows, maybe I'll end up getting a TT after all, but at least if I get the N/A 6speed I can convert it later :)

7 seconds isn't all bad, thought it may have managed slightly better though with a few light mods. Will have to keep an eye out on the classifieds then, eBay/Pistonheads/the usuals seems a bit useless as far as Supras go. Going to Paul Browns tomorrow though!

Hahaha, it may be a useless measurement, but I can generally gauge it against other cars in a kind of backwards fashion...! I've read enough of the N/A snide comments to last me a lifetime - it nearly put me off it completely... Who knows, maybe I'll end up getting a TT after all, but at least if I get the N/A 6speed I can convert it later :)

7 seconds isn't all bad, thought it may have managed slightly better though with a few light mods. Will have to keep an eye out on the classifieds then, eBay/Pistonheads/the usuals seems a bit useless as far as Supras go. Going to Paul Browns tomorrow though!

I make loads of snide comments too but as you previously said it is a good way to get a part feel for rwd cars and can be dangerous too if you over step the mark.I love the way it looks and drives but the lack of power is what gets me down as there are too many small modern cars that are around the same spec when looks wise you should blow them out of the water..... get ready to practice a face that tells them "I can't be arsed to race but I could cream you" whereas you will go along thinking "another disastrous race I would lose avoided" :D

7 seconds isn't all bad, thought it may have managed slightly better though with a few light mods.

To be honest there's probably a large possibility it could do it in less time. I'm sure with some sticky rear tyres and an unsympathetic launch you could get that time down. In real world performance though, a NA should be half similar to a Civic Type R over a 1/4 mile drag race - so they're not slow, until you compare them to their TT counterpart!

get ready to practice a face that tells them "I can't be arsed to race but I could cream you" whereas you will go along thinking "another disastrous race I would lose avoided" :D

I have perfected this face well, had a GTR trying to play a few months back and had to act cool like I didn't fancy wooping his ass on this particular evening.. little did he know I was mearly a sheep in wolfs clothing!

I have perfected this face well, had a GTR trying to play a few months back and had to act cool like I didn't fancy wooping his ass on this particular evening.. little did he know I was mearly a sheep in wolfs clothing!

Somewhere I have a cut out of Martin Jol which I wear whilst driving to hide my shame.

A hamster creates more bhp in a wheel than my car does..... he does have a Nos kit though :sly:

get ready to practice a face that tells them "I can't be arsed to race but I could cream you" whereas you will go along thinking "another disastrous race I would lose avoided" :D

I already have this face down to the 'T' my friend - I've been driving prettied up BMW's for the past 3 years, with no more power than the average Cooper S! All talk, no go haha!

Going to Paul Browns with a friend who is buying an R33 Skyline, purely to look at all the pretty metal... In all seriousness, I could just turn my phone onto video, and get a video for you guys? Will do my research now, haha!

To be honest there's probably a large possibility it could do it in less time. I'm sure with some sticky rear tyres and an unsympathetic launch you could get that time down. In real world performance though, a NA should be half similar to a Civic Type R over a 1/4 mile drag race - so they're not slow, until you compare them to their TT counterpart!

Well unless Bieber is at the wheel & beating TT's in his NA.

I agree the Type R is a fair comparison on the straight though it is slightly quicker.

I already have this face down to the 'T' my friend - I've been driving prettied up BMW's for the past 3 years, with no more power than the average Cooper S! All talk, no go haha!

It's okay, BMW's are slow anyway. :D

It's okay, BMW's are slow anyway. :D

Nope, nothing special, quite refined though - the Germans certainly know how to produce a diesel engine. Their petrols these days though... Little rugged/disappointing!

Is this Jurgen chap a good dealer to visit if a Jap import is on the cards then? Obviously, if no-one from here is selling when I'm buying!