The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ouch, my Supra bit me... (Not for the squeemish)

qwarrior

So I met Steve (Steveo) at the Metro Centre for the monthly American muscle car meet last night at about 7.

Got out of the car and shut my finger in the door. Had sanity prevailed I would have opened the door to take my finger out, but I didn't. I swore, pulled and tore the end of my finger.

Not wanting to miss the show by going to A&E I convinced myself, and Steve who was laughing I might add, that it was fine. We grabbed some napkins from Maccy D's and wrapped it up. After leaving I got to another motor club I go to on a Wednesday night and managed to scrounge a plaster, which suited me fine.

I got home at about midnight and went to change the blood soaked plaster when I realised a piece of what looked like bone sticking through the side of my finger. Having put it off for about 5 hours, the inevitable happened. Into the car and down to the RVI A&E.

I got there at about 1am this morning and got home at 6:30am minus one surgically removed finger nail and a few stitches heavier. No break luckily (can't imagine if it had of been a heavy door).

To say I'm tired is an understatement :yawn: :lazy:

Pic's below

Just after it happened (fleshy piece reinserted):

At about midnight when I took the Elastoplast off:

Comedy Bandage:

:( No fingering for you then!

Depends which way you look at it :limp: Only joking fella,

Hope it heals propperly. I nearly had to loose 2 finger nails once, I had two choices to make. Loose the nail or tape it down. I said get the bloody thing taped down, I aint having sausage fingers lol.

Gav

Depends which way you look at it :limp: Only joking fella,

Hope it heals propperly. I nearly had to loose 2 finger nails once, I had two choices to make. Loose the nail or tape it down. I said get the bloody thing taped down, I aint having sausage fingers lol.

Gav

When the doctor said "I need to surgically remove your finger nail" I assumed a scalpel some cutting etc. Not a local anaesthetic and a pair of pliers.

Her exact words were "Stubborn little bugger" as she had my hand in a vice like grip and using her entire arm to yank at it.

:blink:

and I'm sitting here sort of giggling now too mate looking at the pics - its more of a nervous laughter though. I don't actually think it was funny. You were very brave last night not having it seen to straight away :)

I'm just pleased you didn't have my eye out with the arm of my sunglasses as well!

Ive done the same thing years ago with a metro pressed the button down inside car and then shut the door with my left index finger too,i had to fish in my left jeans pocket with my right hand to get my keys out as it was locked solid in there,must of looked funny to the sales girl in the petrol station until i went in asking for something to wrap my mangled finger in,i broke it and lose the nail too.

I dont advise doing this as hurt for months,then again i didnt go a+e,just taped it next finger for a week;-)

I'll see your door and raise you finger in a spinning wheel caught between spokes and brake callipers!

Broken bone and nearly severed off. Luckily for you people I only have a picture around 4-5weeks after the incident. Stitches in the nail bed and round the bottom of the finger!

How the hell do you shut a door on your own finger?

That said I did close the door of my car a couple of weeks ago without putting my leg inside.

H.

Was a tight space and was holding the door not to slam it. TBH I was too busy talking to Steve, and not watching what I was doing. :(

Ooo Thats a stinger!! Wish i had come along to that meet now, this may sound harsh but i love seeing poeple injure themselves i find nothing funnier :D

That doesn't surprise me about you Marc. :D

I'll see your door and raise you finger in a spinning wheel caught between spokes and brake callipers!

Broken bone and nearly severed off. Luckily for you people I only have a picture around 4-5weeks after the incident. Stitches in the nail bed and round the bottom of the finger!]

Better not be at the same car meet mate, we're obviously accident prone. Besides, our fingers would look like Phil and Grant Mitchell.

Broken bone and nearly severed off. Luckily for you people I only have a picture around 4-5weeks after the incident. Stitches in the nail bed and round the bottom of the finger!

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d7/monsween/DADE3711-BACD-444F-A6D3-CD0DC8E25900-5663-000005E3A4CE0D55_zpsef53d1b1.jpg

Looks like you have tried to remove all your other nails, too. Mucky habit, get your mother to put something bitter on them..... ;)