The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New RWYB Photos

DaveR

The other day at Santa Pod (where, in case you missed it, as per the events in this thread things didn't go exactly according to plan...) I was stopped by a couple of guys who were taking pictures on some gucci cameras (forgive the ignorance - I don't really know types etc... :blush: ) who asked if they could take some pictures of my car. I told them that I didn't mind and to crack on, adding that I get asked that relatively often but of course never get to see the results. I genuinely wasn't after anything, but one of them said to give him my email address and that he would forward the photos to me later.

They came through today and I thought they were rather good and that I'd share them. :)

Before anyone gets wrapped around the axle (so to speak... :D ) about copyright, here is the message that was sent with them:

"Hi Dave. I have the photographs you requested of your Toyota that was used at Santa Pod Raceway on the 5th of May 2013, enclosed is the link... where you can view all of these photographs and download them for your own purposes providing that these photographs are credited..."

So, true to my word I'd like to say a big thanks to Alex Wilson and Stefano Siracusa for the photos! :thumbs:

Enjoy:

attachment.php?attachmentid=169018&d=1368029571

attachment.php?attachmentid=169016&d=1368029547

attachment.php?attachmentid=169019&d=1368029571

attachment.php?attachmentid=169017&d=1368029547

Standbyyyyyy... GO!

attachment.php?attachmentid=169013&d=1368029547

Warming the tyres... :eyebrows: :innocent:

attachment.php?attachmentid=169015&d=1368029547

DSC_0173small.jpg

DSC_0195small.jpg

DSC_0296small.jpg

DSC_0463small.jpg

IMG_2517small.jpg

IMG_2518small.jpg

Suprasmall.jpg

Looks Awesome!!! very racecar

Btw what are the things just below the headlights on the corners of the bumper?

Thanks matey. :)

The "things below the headlights" are stock (option) bump guards. I think my car had a lot of the option boxes ticked when it left the factory in Japan way back in December '95 - all present were UK Spec brakes, 17" alloys, red LEDs on the rear of the doors, upper bootlid spoiler, seat covers, Pure Sport mats as well as the aforementioned bump guards.

Having said all of this, incidentally, I don't really like the bump guards at all but as they're factory-fitted I'll need to get the part of the bumper beneath them resprayed if (read "when") I remove them.

:thumbs: Must be very rare indeed ive never seen them before on any other supra, maybe worth keeping just for that reason.

Very. I've only ever seen them once on another Supra. In fact for years I thought they were a strange aftermarket part that a previous owner had fitted and painted! :D

Did you notice that the Mkiii you was up against in the first picture was running space saver wheels on the front? I have been thinking for a while now that this may be a way to get some pram wheels on the front to reduce some rolling resistance. Are the space savers for the mkiv a standard diameter rim does anyone know? I would check mine, if I had one.

Did you notice that the Mkiii you was up against in the first picture was running space saver wheels on the front? I have been thinking for a while now that this may be a way to get some pram wheels on the front to reduce some rolling resistance. Are the space savers for the mkiv a standard diameter rim does anyone know? I would check mine, if I had one.

I couldn't see him that clearly in my rear view mirror... :sly:

:D

Anyway... I think they are all the same yeah but mine has been relegated to the back of my shed so would be a real pain to check.

I couldn't see him that clearly in my rear view mirror... :sly:

:D

Anyway... I think they are all the same yeah but mine has been relegated to the back of my shed so would be a real pain to check.

Hmm, I wonder if they all cover big brakes or if only uk space savers do.

Mine's a J-Spec space saver supplied to fit a car with UK spec brakes fitted as standard so I would guess they either only made one type of wheel that could fit over all the different brake options or that, as you say, there were different ones to go with different brakes. That seems unlikely though... :search:

Mine's a J-Spec space saver supplied to fit a car with UK spec brakes fitted as standard so I would guess they either only made one type of wheel that could fit over all the different brake options or that, as you say, there were different ones to go with different brakes. That seems unlikely though... :search:

Good info, thanks. Will start to keep a look out for a couple.

Did anything give you a good race?

There was a tuned R33 Skyline GTR V-Spec that gave me a good run. He had me off the line and actually just about held me off until the 1000' point, but I beat him by 2/10ths in the end (despite hitting the limiter in 3rd). :eyebrows:

I enjoyed that one! I had a good chat to the driver afterwards - nice guy. :)

There was a tuned R33 Skyline GTR V-Spec that gave me a good run. He had me off the line and actually just about held me off until the 1000' point, but I beat him by 2/10ths in the end (despite hitting the limiter in 3rd). :eyebrows:

I enjoyed that one! I had a good chat to the driver afterwards - nice guy. :)

Nice - 2JZ FTW!!!

What sorta power was he putting down?