The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just resprayed - Plasti Dip Red Supra

msmile

Hi!

Just finished respraying my Supra with Plasti Dip :sly: It was the first time for me painting the car this way, so lots of mistakes made and lessons learned :innocent: For those who are thinking about Plasti Dipping their cars I could say - its much much harder than you can see on Youtube , and there are many scenes cut so you dont really see some of the main things preparing the car and peeling that sh..t off. So if anyone needs an advise - feel free to contact ;)

Anyway, I got rid of that ugly Silver and now it looks amazing and Im happy with the result :) Its not finished though as i ran out of paint, so few more layers missing and the colour will be even brighter. Its for your judgment now :D:D:D

More pics commin when its finished.

IMG_1677.jpg

IMG_1678.jpg

IMG_1679.jpg

IMG_1680.jpg

IMG_1681.jpg

IMG_1684.jpg

IMG_1685.jpg

IMG_1686.JPG

IMG_1695.jpg

IMG_1697.jpg

Other rims are in my garage, just waiting for new tyres, and the tyres are waiting to be bough lol :) and theres some plans for carbon front diffuser under the bumper.

I went for Plasti Dip just because it seemed 'easy' to DIY (as im DIY guy :D ) and wanted the car in matt. It wasnt so easy as 'seen on TV' lol, but still possible. We will see how the paint lasts now.

Great job mate. What would make it look great is some face lift style headlights. I have some pre face lift headlights converted to face lift, let me know if you interested in buying them :)

Thanks for the offer, but i already got them :)

Looks great imo. Have to wonder if I should be going this way now rather than wrapping mine a second time later in the year. Did you use the small electric kit, or a normal compressor and gun? Well done and love the look.

Yea looks good mate. Did you get a kit with a spray gun or just the cans?

I got the spray station. I cant imagine it can be done using the cans :D

How many cans did you use!?lol!

2 cans of 5liters was not enough lol, 1 more commin lol

Looks good mate, Total cost DIY ?

~500

You boot brake light seems to be stuck on dude! ;)

Massive improvement! Are you doing the bottom of the ridox skirts a different colour?

Yap, will try to cover in carbon fibre.

hey bud loving the finish and top job.

you mentioned a compressor, did you not use the electric gun they recommend?? i was looking at getting a big can and freshening up some parts but i have heard issues with a compressor and normal spray guns??

also did you thin it down and how did you find laying it all down??