The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which one is better?

Rico

A friend of mine had a P1 and I've actually had a proper race with him at Woodbridge.

At the time his was fairly well modified as was mine, but both of us were still on standard turbos.

He had me off the line and beat me by 2 tenths of a second over the 1/4 mile. I was gaining on him at the top end, and my trap speed was higher than his, (can't remember how much).

Now, if you get an auto Supra, I would say you'd win over the 1/4 mile.

However, on the streets is a different matter. The Subaru's are much lower geared and can put their power down much better on the corners. Get to a dual carriageway and he'll be eating your dust.

Where one gains, the other loses...

so what sort of supra should i get? i definatly want the tt, cause i know i will get the urge to increase the power real quick if i have the na.

I want the aero, but just having a problem in finidng a good one cheap..

how many miles do these cars do? i usually see 50-90thou on them.

Plus does anyone know of any good trade places in scotland selling them that do the old finance?

Mate theres reports of someone servicing a 300k miler, but I know that doesnt account for all the other general Supes out there, but the engines if good condition could probably go on forever, you really wouldnt believe the engineering that went into this car.

Find yourself a good looked after, clean model, and you'll be spankinng your mate all day long.... :D :flame Dev

Im one for top end, and dont mind seeing the other person gain a few car lengths on me, as its nice to watch them be reelled back in, and then you carry on past them with ease. After that has happened a few times, Im sure your mate would be thinking twice about his P1........