The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bonnet help options?

thomo8568

Hello everyone.

I got this TS style bonnet afew months ago.

Was told it would fit like oem. Well just got round to fitting today and its a rubbish fit, there is a big gap at each side. Probably be ok if it was a track car but Id not be happy with it on my car.

I'm now not sure what to do with it. Is there anyway of making it fit better? Or would it be possible to cut the vents out and fit them in a stock bonnet?

I don't really want to have to try and sell this to be worse off than when I started.

Had another go at it today. Got it fitted but still not 100% happy with the fit as the gap on drivers side is bigger than the pasanger and I can't get it moved over anymore and the the wings are moved in as much as I can.

Think I will leave it on for now till I decide on what I want to do.

Would look better if I could get something to fill the gaps so it wasn't as noticeable, may see if I can get something like door seal to stick on inside of wing, just so you can't see right down the side.

No just the ones along the top and bottom of sills. Will have a look at that next time. If I could close the gap a bit then I would be happyier.

Think the only way I will be 100% happy with the fit, is if i cut the vents in to a stock bonnet. Think someone here has done it, but cant remember who it was?

I have the same bonnet and the gap is about the same. I am not too anal about it as all I want is the power and a bit of the look. From what I have seen and heard it is a common problem and unless you cut up an oem bonnet there will be issues like this. Alternatively chop an oem up like Rob Mitchell and lay the carbon fibre cut out on top. Good luck and enjoy the next two weeks of your life with this option though!