The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Saw TT today need advice

RedSZ

Hi everyone

Went to look at a 93L RZ today. Owner had spent £1200 in last six months. can't remember all the bits replaced but they included "needle bearings" and "core plug" on the receipts.

I am the village idiot when it comes to technical stuff. What are core plugs etc and is their need for replacement at 70K miles a bad sign?

Is the fact that owner spent so much recently good or bad sign?

Is £7K a decent price for a bog standard RZ with no sideskirts etc and shitty el cheapo tyres?

Thanks for any advice

:)

Condition was a bit scruffy: few scratches, a scrape about 2" long to plastic bit - drivers side where sideskirts "should" be.

mileage probably genuine - pedals and steering wheel seemed worn same as my genuine 75K car

Your right it did look neglected BUT is it worth taking the gamble on a cheap car????

Any more advice very welcome:)

Originally posted by RedSZ

how much will a fitted, painted bodykit eg Bomex lookalike spats,sideskirts,nose etc cost me?

About a grand to buy a decent quality kit. Fitting and painting.......dunno really, assuming a standard colour, say £500 - 700?

Liam? Dude? Care to comment?

Originally posted by matt

Keep looking ........ I paid only slightly more for a 1 owner since import, ex JIC GZ.

Yeah but you're a jammy git!

:p

Personally I agree with the comments about waiting for a better one. All the info you have given about it being scruffy etc. and the core plug thing don't sound like the owner has cared much.

Sounds old fashioned, but on a car like the Supe, if someone can't be trusted to put decent tyres on it,I wouldn't trust them to put the right oil in the sump.

Walk away. There'll be others.

You might just be buying someone elses heap of trouble! That could end up costing you in the long run.