The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Future Build - Information Gathering

calebharry

Firstly, I'd like to apologize for my initial posts - I may have charged at this like a bull in a china shop but put that down to a combination of excitement and a large dose of enthusiasm! For that I apologize and hope from here on I can begin to contribute constructively and ask the right questions in the right way.

I'm 15, I make no apologies for that, and I love the Toyota Supra - it's a truly awesome car and it is my total intention that, when I'm working and earning, to begin to build and create what will be, for me, my ultimate car. It will take time and a whole stack of money but everybody starts somewhere and this is my start point.

What I want to do is gather a whole stack of information based on builds already done, people's personal experience of certain builds and components and draw on the knowledge of all of you on here. From what I've already read there is an overwhelming amount of incredible engineering expertise and experience and I intend, over time, to read and absorb as much of it as possible.

I guess to start to put my questions into context I need to have an aim in terms of what car I'm looking to ultimately end up with, so here is my list of what I hope my Supra will have by the time she is finished: (Some of this says 'For MKIV Toyota Supra' after the name but you guys know that so im not gonna put it there)

Engine:

- Titan Motorsports 3.4L Stroker Full Race Shortblock - $14,800 (pic has pistons installed and for that price it better)

- Titan Motorsports Engine head Stage 5: Full Race - $15,000 (pic has cams and rods installed)

- Hypertune intake manifold Race Head - $3,203

- Titan Motorsports 0.5" Headgasket - $345

- Greddy pulley set - $485

- Titan Motorsports 2JZ Cam Gears V2 - $150

- Greddy Timing belt - $172

- Ferrea Dual Valve Springs (good for 11,000RPM :thumbs: ) - $549

- Ferrae Spring seat locators - $105

- Ferrea Exhaust Valves - $353

- Ferrae Intake valves - $341

- Ferrae Valve locks - $115

- Ferrae Valve seals - $42

Total = $35,660 USD (need a Custom exhaust manifold)

Brakes:

- Brembo Front Big Brake Kit - $3,300

- Brembo Rear Brake Kit - $3,295

Total = $6,595

Clutch/Transmission:

- TRD Lightweight Flywheel - $589

- OS Giken Quad-Plate R-series Racing clutch - $2,064

- Titan Motorsports Custon Carbon Driveshaft - $1,780

- TRD Limited Slip Differential - $1,440

- DSS? Supra 1200HP Pro-level Axle hub kit - $2,089

Total = $7,962

Exhaust:

- Amuse R1000 100mm pipe (no cat) to 130mm Tip :thumbs: - $2,043

Suspension/Handling:

- HKS Hipermax III Coilovers - $1,624

- Top Secret Roberuta Cup kit - $5,425

- Top secret Roberuta Cup remote - $1,150

- Cusco Roll cage CrMo 6-point - $664

- Do-Luck Rear Tension Set - $796

- Do-Luck Rear cross bar - $364

- Do-luck Floor Support Bar - $538

- TRD Front Strut Tower Bar - $199

- TRD Sway Bars - $359

Total = $11,119

Fuel System:

- Titan Motorsports Fuel Rail - $395

- Deatchwerks 2200cc Injectors - $1200

- Bosch 044 Fuel Pump - $196 (X2 im guessing because it supports up to 685bhp)

Total = $1,791

Electronics:

- AEM Standalone ECU - $2,335

(I dont really know anything about Engine Management so could you guys help me with that)

- Defi Link meter Turbo Max 200kPa - $177

- Defi Link meter Exhaust Temperature 200-1100C - $238

- Defi Link meter Fuel Pressure 0-600kPa - $202

- Defi Link meter Oil Temperature 50-150C - $143

- Defi Link meter Oil Pressure 0-1000kPa - $202

- Defi Link meter Water Temperature 20-120C - $143

- Defi Link Meter Control unit Advance - $132

- Greddy Profec OLED Boost Controller - $349

- Greddy Turbo Timer - $115

- Triple A-pillar Pod 60mm - $112

- PHR Street Alternator 230AMP peak - $550

Total = $4,353

Cooling:

- Flex-a-Lite Electric fan upgrade - $320

- Titan Motorsports 5-Row Race FMIC - $1,295

- Greddy 16 Row Remote Filter Oil Cooler - $1,188

- Greddy Type RS Blow Off Valve - $360

Total = $3,163

Accessories:

- Hose Techniques Kit for TT Supra Blue - $165

- TRD Radiator Cap - $52

- TRD Oil Filler Cap - $78

- Titan Motorsports Carbon Fiber Engine Pack - $1,189

Total = $1,484

Wheels:

- Volk Racing RE30 Black edition with polished lip - $2,700

Turbos themselfs:

- Greddy TD07S-25G

- OR

- Greddy T78-29T Costing around $12,000 Either way

Interior:

- Bride Zeta III Japan Edition - $1,907

- Bride FO Type Rails - $350

- Momo Millennium Steering Wheel - $270

- Takata Racing Harness - $906

Total = $3,433

Exterior/Bodykit

- Top Secret GT-300 Wide Bodykit - $8,500

- Top Secret GT2 Carbon Fiber Wing - $2,175

- Ganador Mirror Set Carbon Fiber - $710

- Seibon Carbon Fiber Door Panel - $960

- Seibon TS Style Carbon Fiber Hood - $880

- OEM Style Carbon Fiber Boot Lid - $840

Total = $14,065

All together total = $106,368

Wow, I honestly didn't expect it to cost that much... Dont forget this build will be completed between a period of 5-10 years...

And, that price does not include shipping, mechanic costs, or the car itself...

Better start saving now! Anyway, you guys tell me what you think :)

- Caleb

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very impressive list as Ellis says.

Even over five to ten years, that cost will be immense once you add labour costs etc to it (unless you plan on learning and doing it yourself)

Good luck with the saving. I would never be able to do it ;)

Good luck with a build like that mate, impressive list to say the least lol. Learn from the club as there is loads to learn andf you can do things yourself you will appreciate it more and save mucho dollar ;)

Fair play on sticking with it tho mate not many would survive the vultures that lurk here ;)

Guest marticus

you can probably double that $100,000 when you start taking into consideration build costs etc...

also if this is going to be a street car you will probably want to reassess your goals, a 1000+ bhp car sounds great on paper, but in the real world they can be a pita from what little knowledge i have.

500+rwhp would be enough to decimate most other cars whils remaining civil day to day and somewhat more economical in maintanence costs.

imho of course

I can appreciate your enthusiasm, but there is no way I would spend that kind of money on a supra. The part list, while impressive, will become extremely hard to fulfill in the 5-10 years you are taking to build the car. If you are rich, then more power to you, but I have a feeling as you grow up you may start to consider the value of the venture. At 15 you have so many things ahead of you to still happen, I would focus on your education and not knocking up some broad. Those things will get your more money to play with later in life. Obviously we all dream and good luck :)

I would change alot of stuff on that list but in 5 years time it will probably be different as well as things move on.

As others have said concentrate on other things in your life and earn the money first. A build like that will cost alot more than the figure you have there. it looks more like a dream list to me picked with what you think are the best most expensive parts around.

You need to do alot more research yourself, have a look at other build of cars that people actually use.

I would change alot of stuff on that list but in 5 years time it will probably be different as well as things move on.

As others have said concentrate on other things in your life and earn the money first. A build like that will cost alot more than the figure you have there. it looks more like a dream list to me picked with what you think are the best most expensive parts around.

You need to do alot more research yourself, have a look at other build of cars that people actually use.

:goodpost:

Rather than asking & creating a thread every 2 days asking what people think on parts, focus on saving & buying the car first. Then consider what you want to do. Number of reasons for this which I have explained many times. You are just wasting time building a spec list now for something you are planning on doing in 10 years time.

Almost like me planning on what type of garage door & house decor I want in a house I am going to buy in 10 years. Better I buy the house first then see what it is like before I jump into buying bits for the house first.

As I said, this is what I HOPE to have in my Supra when she is finished... I will settle for different things as long as they are similar, and who knows, maybe this stuff will be obsoluete, maybe it will be dirt cheap... I dont know... And maybe when I grow up, I may change my mind and set a budget for the car... But for now... All i have to say is... Yolo :)

As I said, this is what I HOPE to have in my Supra when she is finished... I will settle for different things as long as they are similar, and who knows, maybe this stuff will be obsoluete, maybe it will be dirt cheap... I dont know... And maybe when I grow up, I may change my mind and set a budget for the car... But for now... All i have to say is... Yolo :)

Get out.

good luck dude, i couldnt wait 5-10 years to finish a car! i struggled not driving my car for a month.... :)

I can understand that... But I dont have the car yet, I dont even have a license as im 15, in NZ you can get your Learners when your 16, so thats not too long of a wait...

Fair play to you mate :thumbs: Stick at it! You seem a good kid. The spec list looks great :) But how much :faint:

Yeah, The price is Immense! I hope it will drop in the 5-8 years it will take me to get my Supra... And i think the big cost is the Engine Shortblock and Head my TMS... If I drop that the price will go down to like $70,000... And im still confused about the body mods I want to do... As i said I like the Top Secret GT-300 kit, with TS carbon hood, and carbon boot, the color of the car will be white (I think...) With Black Volks with polished rim... But Im not sure... I also would like it to be sort of like a Show-Car... If i do keep the GT-300 Bodykit... What would be the best colour? Im still confused about that...

Theres not pics online of tbe Bodykit in white with the c/f hood... But there are pics of stock Supra white with the c/f hood and black rims... And they look very nice... And I love how massively W I D E it is... I think im going to stick with that...

School now... See you guys later :)

Think this is about as close as you can get to seeing the gt-300 bodykit in white.

http://jm-imports.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/joe1155910-img600x450-1231553811mazpu484325.jpg

That is the pic I put up in my old thread! But yeah, that, with the Carbon Fiber hood, Carbon Fiber Boot, and these rims:

Volk Racing RE30.jpg

But i think that will be a nice combination :)

If you're buying the titan head, you wont need to buy all the ferrea valve train components as the head is ready built by titan.

You also cant fit the doluck tension set with the cusco cage.

You wont need the TRD flywheel with the OS Giken quad clutch as it comes in the kit.

Breather kit?

cooling plate

You'll need a lot more adding into that fuel system, lines, Fpr etc

EMS, i'd look at a syvecs s6 ecu for the money elsewhere put into the build.

Exhaust headers? downpipe?

Thats just a glance, but im sure it'll help you spend your time looking into it all :)

Best of luck in the future, i wanted a supra at your age too, and 8 years later i bought one, then 8.5years on, another :lol:

If you're buying the titan head, you wont need to buy all the ferrea valve train components as the head is ready built by titan.

You also cant fit the doluck tension set with the cusco cage.

You wont need the TRD flywheel with the OS Giken quad clutch as it comes in the kit.

Breather kit?

cooling plate

You'll need a lot more adding into that fuel system, lines, Fpr etc

EMS, i'd look at a syvecs s6 ecu for the money elsewhere put into the build.

Exhaust headers? downpipe?

Thats just a glance, but im sure it'll help you spend your time looking into it all :)

Best of luck in the future, i wanted a supra at your age too, and 8 years later i bought one, then 8.5years on, another :lol:

Wow thanks that helped! So the Titan Head comes with all the valvetrain including cams? and the Shortblock comes with the stroker kit im guessing? And sweet i dont need an extra flywheel! Ill just rid the tension set... OHHH One thing... I looked at the cusco roll cage (its a 6-point for Supra) Does it come with a place you can mount your harness? Like a harness bar but built in to the cage...

And also, will the Titan Valvetrain be capable of 11,000RPM? Because the Ferrae Valves and Springs ect. are...

- - - Updated - - -

Have you looked at Tyres?

Ahh, Ill get them from a local tyre shop... They probably wont last long so i dont want to be spending huge $$$ on tyres lol