The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Check you e-mail address!

mawby

Originally all the e-mails generated by/for this forum went into a big account on our host machine and were more than often ignored because most of them were either spam or bounced e-mails. I've changed this now so we have a new e-mail address that forwards all these e-mails to Rosie and myself. Currently we have zero spam, which is nice but probably wont last long. However, we are getting bounced e-mails generated by the forum on an hourly basis. This is where people have an invalid e-mail address in their profile but have thread subscriptions turned on, so whenever someone posts to a tread they've posted in it tries to e-mail them to let them know and then ends up in my inbox.

So, I'd like you all to ensure that the e-mail address in your profile is valid. A recent insurance questionnaire I mass e-mailed to you all showed that there are hundreds of you with invalid e-mail addresses. We even have 284 users who cannot activate their accounts because the activation e-mail was bounced!

If you don't want the forum e-mailing you then turn the option off via your user control panel. The option you're after is "Use 'Email Notification' by default?".

People with e-mail addresses that continually bounce will find their forum subscriptions being delete (automatically when we upgrade the forum) and may even find they can't post anymore if I'm having a bad day! It's not much to ask for a valid e-mail address is it?