The mkiv Supra Owners Club

possible soon to be supra owner!

Guest beetledude1303

Guest beetledude1303

hey everyone, my names cameron and im 21, looking to buy a NA manual supra. ive been speaking to the owner of this one over email -

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/toyota/supra/toyota-supra-3-0-n-a-manual/1254758

he's quite happy to swap for my car, with £400 his way. does anyone know of this car? :) it looks great in the pictures hes sent me! im just not too sure about why he;s so willing to trade.. after all, this is my car...

any thing i should be loking out for on an NA? common faults? etcetc. being a ford driver i know fords have plenty! haha

Guest beetledude1303

SO MUCH KA HATE.

not gonna lie, the reason i wanna get rid is coz its starting to get too far. im a paint sprayer by trade and my pals a panel beater, so both our cars get treated like royalty.

standard kas of its age are going for 1500-1700. it means nothing when trying to sell, but the spec/amount of money spent on my ka is unreal, i could have probably bought that supra twice...

Guest beetledude1303
Damn you I was looking at that one

well mate depending how much he likes my ka, ive still gotta fit a new steering rack and do the petrol cap rust before i could sell it. i wouldnt let someone have it how it stands atm.

just bought a new bumper, new grilles (one of them being a one of 2 oem style debadged grilles made by a freind) new driveshaft, swr1 fast road cam ££££££ spent. he seems pretty keen, just need to get cracking!

Guest beetledude1303
Dont take it too heart heart dude its such a marmite motor, your actually looks ok i had the same wheels on my Rst a few years back, in regards to the supra theres a buyers guide on here of things to check

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/forumdisplay.php?60-Basic-Supra-Guides

yeah thanks i did have a read :) most of it seems to be general car buying guide, or TT guide haha i just wondered if there was any NA known big problems?

yeah i always get stick for it! ive had it for 3 years, coilovers spacers etcetc. handles like such a go kart its unreal, cammed it up to 110bhp and is such good fun in a little car. but ive wanted a supra since i was little, and ive finally got a decent quote of £852 so im dying for one!

Guest beetledude1303

its no worries i can take some stick :D the kas been slagged more than i could care now! lol

also, why can i not find a definite spec on an NA? the 0-60's, bhp's, and 1/4mile times seem to differ on every page i find! lol

:welcome: seen in the other thread your from the broch?! I'm just down in newburgh. If your wanting when I'm back then I can meet up with you and show you around my supra. We have all version floating around aberdeen these days, NA manual, TT manual, TT auto, (soon to be) big single manual!

*edit*

Just seen your TSG sticker, you will know the other aberdeen guys then :D

Edited by drift_bear (see edit history)

Welcome. The NA doesn't have many faults, not fast enough some will say, and compared to the tt rightly so.

It's just the usual second hand car buying stuff, fluid levels, rust around the rear widescreen is becoming a problem. I'm struggling to think of anything!

Go buy it. Drive it. Enjoy it!

Guest beetledude1303
:welcome: seen in the other thread your from the broch?! I'm just down in newburgh. If your wanting when I'm back then I can meet up with you and show you around my supra. We have all version floating around aberdeen these days, NA manual, TT manual, TT auto, (soon to be) big single manual!

*edit*

Just seen your TSG sticker, you will know the other aberdeen guys then :D

i know of the other guys, TEAM BEARD! haha im sure ive seen your supra in union square. i will have to meet up and have a look at the NA manual and get someone to take me out in it so i can see how the feel, will deffo need to meet up!

Welcome. The NA doesn't have many faults, not fast enough some will say, and compared to the tt rightly so.

It's just the usual second hand car buying stuff, fluid levels, rust around the rear widescreen is becoming a problem. I'm struggling to think of anything!

Go buy it. Drive it. Enjoy it!

Apart from turbo related problems they have all the same faults a tt has ;)

get the NA, put a tt lump in it, get a 6spd box, go single turbo, hit 700hp, by the time ur 23/24 you will be broke but have a car that will destroy everything over £90k. the supra way! :D

- - - Updated - - -

Apart from turbo related problems they have all the same faults a tt has ;)

ahahah cheeky! lol i like!