The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Varrstoen wheel offsets?

tony tt

I'm looking at getting a set of Varrstoen track 200 wheels. I got in touch with the uk distributor but he couldn't give me any info as to what offsets he could do for clearing UK brakes. He said its up to the customer. Now I know the offset depends on the wheel design also so my question is does anyone know the offset beat suited for these wheels to clear uk brakes? Looking at tire widths of 235 front and 275 rear nothing too mental.

Thanks for any info :)

Any good wheel supplier will be able to tell you what offsets you need, not the other way around!

Not impressed by that.

Supraforums has a wheel and tire offset file on their site Tony, i have it on my pc,

its just a few standard sizes most people use to make sure they have wheels and tire combo which works.

pm me your mail and i can send it to you.

For the tire sizes you named, i reckon 8,5/9 and 9,5/10 rears would do.

Any good wheel supplier will be able to tell you what offsets you need, not the other way around!

Not impressed by that.

Supraforums has a wheel and tire offset file on their site Tony, i have it on my pc,

its just a few standard sizes most people use to make sure they have wheels and tire combo which works.

pm me your mail and i can send it to you.

For the tire sizes you named, i reckon 8,5/9 and 9,5/10 rears would do.

Thanks mate yeah I was a bit surprised when they wouldn't provide any info for fitment at all. One of the UK suppliers that I dealt with was in Devon I won't be using them again the guy was an utter cock.

Different offsets don't mean they will clear UK front calipers, the centre section doesn't move further in

or out, only where the tyre sits in relation to the hub face moves so make sure the wheel design will

clear the front face of the caliper

Thanks DNK I'm giving these a miss as the manufacturer says there not suitable for high HP supras. Doesn't say much for the quality so that idea has been binned. Not that my supra is high HP but I don't want to buy them if they have issues that are known.