The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra appreciation and depreciation

Guest balloo

Guest balloo

Hi guys

I was just wondering which supra model is still losing it's value? Having been on hunt for one for a while now, I have noticed that some are pretty much holding their value. However, twin turbo uk specs seem to be going down in value as time passes by. Weren't these meant to be rare / soon to be classics? I doubt that any supra would appreciate in value unless it is an absolutely factory standard/stock uk supplied tt6...............

And also, why are the USDM supras so much expensive than the JDM and European models :S

Hi guys

I was just wondering which supra model is still losing it's value? Having been on hunt for one for a while now, I have noticed that some are pretty much holding their value. However, twin turbo uk specs seem to be going down in value as time passes by. Weren't these meant to be rare / soon to be classics? I doubt that any supra would appreciate in value unless it is an absolutely factory standard/stock uk supplied tt6...............

And also, why are the USDM supras so much expensive than the JDM and European models :S

Like mine ;) LHD Aerotops and genuine TRD's converted by Toyota are the rarest of the rare.

I suspect the UK ones have only gone down because their prices were previously inflated by demand from Europe.

Now they are in a financial mess too, that UK specific demand has decreased - hence so have prices.

For an old car, Supra prices (particularly NA) are really quite high IMO

Guest balloo

all valid points. however, is there any one particular model which is worth it for a collector? i'v heard of 25th anniversary supras.........were there any released outside of the USDM?

all valid points. however, is there any one particular model which is worth it for a collector? i'v heard of 25th anniversary supras.........were there any released outside of the USDM?

A Standard UK 6 speed or a Toyota converted TRD widebody if you can find one !! Only think I have ever seen one and not even sure if that's a genuine one.

For a collector? Get a EU Spec LHD. They start around 20000Euro as AT TT and around 28-30000€ as 6SP TT. But you will have a hard time to find a really good one as they are rare and the ones in possession tend to stay in possession more and more :)