The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheels wheels wheels??

Mad Matt

Help,

I'm looking for some advice on what wheels to put on my 94 N/A Manual Supra. I know the back wheels are supposed to be wider, but i'm struggling with where to look. I've only just bought the car, and it's already lowered by 35 mm, and has a rather lovely rolled lip stainless exhaust, but as it's sat on standard 16"s, i'm desperate for some 18"s for it. Preferably with a dish on them too to give it that agressive look. I'm a bit short on funds at present, so would like to spend as little as poss, (secondhand maybe). Top benchmark is about £800 with tyres if poss. Any advice on the best places to look would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Matt:gallery:

Originally posted by Mad Matt

Help,

I'm looking for some advice on what wheels to put on my 94 N/A Manual Supra. I know the back wheels are supposed to be wider, but i'm struggling with where to look. I've only just bought the car, and it's already lowered by 35 mm, and has a rather lovely rolled lip stainless exhaust, but as it's sat on standard 16"s, i'm desperate for some 18"s for it. Preferably with a dish on them too to give it that agressive look. I'm a bit short on funds at present, so would like to spend as little as poss, (secondhand maybe). Top benchmark is about £800 with tyres if poss. Any advice on the best places to look would be greatly appreciated!

You won't get anything new for that budget I'm afraid.

Our cheapest 18's with tyres are £1200, considering a decent set of 18" TYRES are £650.

Please don't get cheap tyres...

Best Regards,

Gaz.

Originally posted by Gaz Walker

Please don't get cheap tyres...

Is very good advice if you want to keep you pride and joy in one piece. My tyres alone were nearly £800 but considering some of the potentially very messy situations they've got me out of I'd never go for anything cheaper.

Ok Guys,

Looks like i'm way off with my price range. I was hoping to get hold of a set of 2nd hand wheels, but i can pay up to 1400 for a new set. Don't want cheap tyres either cos i owned a 270 bhp Nissan 200sx before i got my Supey, and it came with budget tyres on it, (very scarey!). Upgraded them to a set of Continental's asap, and all was good, and it meant i could stay in a straight line for longer than 20 seconds!! I know how important it is to have decent tyres on a rear wheel drive monster needless to say.

How about some suggestions on what wheels look best if i want a deep dish set??

Matt:thumbs:

Im considering selling mine if your interested, not sure how much, they have to go way as im getting the racing harts same as matts ( sorry matt ) Didnt realise how popular they were getting until recently. Anyway let me know if your interested.

18x10 with 275 35 18

18x9 with 255 35 18

supra.jpg

Originally posted by Matt B

Two words for you mate

Racing Hart

http://img6.exs.cx/img6/1531/Soop_one_small.jpg

http://img6.exs.cx/img6/9695/Soop_art_two_small.jpg

Gorgeous pics Matt! Car and wheels look fabulous!:thumbs:

Cheers guys,

Now my car looks really crap in comparison after looking at all those lovely wheels. The Racing Hart wheels look absolutely gorgeous! Think there's a bit of a following for them by the sounds of it!

Have emailed Neilg about his wheels he's trying to sell, so hopefully should be sufficiently suited and booted if all goes well!

Matt:cool:

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by TDRAPER

I second that! Gotta be one of the nicest I've seen:thumbs:

What front bumper is that??

I believe that is a Top Secret bumper.:)