The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ECU choice on my supra build

Parry_10

Hi guys basically I have a decision to make and was hoping for some input/advice:)

I was going to go with a syvecs ecu but if I go with an aem ecu I can pretty much get the mapping done for free or very little cost and the guy has tuned/mapped cars for years etc. Also he lives around the corner from me and im very good friends with him so if I was to have any issues with the car I could have them resolved very quickly. Road mapping can be done when ever needed and at no cost as well pretty much (map tweeks etc).

So im unsure what to do the guys in the states seem to use aem ecus without issue and I know everyone says how good the syvecs is but even though it is better than the aem with the options I have with using the AEM ecu and being able to do road mapping whenever and with the guy living around the corner from me what would you go for? and why?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Aem are crap stick with the syvecs and have less hassle latter, syvecs has all the extras included that would end up costing a bomb later, also the money you save on mapping would not betrue as theaem will need some time for the mappers to over come there issues,

http://forum.aempower.com/forum/index.php

Please look there before you do anything rash please you have the chance to make a great car or another car imho

A quick google should inform you of the serious issues people have had with AEM ECUs. They're supposed to be better now, but I wouldn't risk my money on that chance. Syvecs, Fcon, Motec and Power FC are tried and tested on these cars. Why take a potentially expensive risk?

Aem are crap stick with the syvecs and have less hassle latter, syvecs has all the extras included that would end up costing a bomb later, also the money you save on mapping would not betrue as theaem will need some time for the mappers to over come there issues,

http://forum.aempower.com/forum/index.php

Please look there before you do anything rash please you have the chance to make a great car or another car imho

I have a Aem v1 in my supra with no problems i know syvecs is a better ecu. but what are the problems that has made the aem so crap.cannot be bothered to read the links:)

Syvecs is a brilliant ecu, but with Ryan being so busy now it may become a problem of waiting a while to get it mapped. I have always read on here "choose your mapper, then ecu".... Has this changed now?

This is what I mean for me it makes alot of sense to use the guy I know and go with an aem ecu. Although not as good as a syvecs a lot of people use aem so they cant be that 'rubbish'

Syvecs FTMFW!!! :D

Seriously though, it may be a false economy going with a friend to do the mapping. Initially all may be great but if things go wrong you may regret not sticking with the old adage of "don't mix business and personal"... I have no experience of AEM ECUs personally so I can't comment as to how good or otherwise they are, but it's pretty much universally acknowledged that the Syvecs is currently the best on the market. Why go with second best for the sake of saving a few hundred quid on a multi-thousand pound build?

I have a Aem v1 in my supra with no problems i know syvecs is a better ecu. but what are the problems that has made the aem so crap.cannot be bothered to read the links:)

failure rate , where having to add hks dli, having to fit resistors in some aplication. dont get me wrong i have a AEM FIC also and it works but to get it fully working with no bugs is hard , there new infinity stuff might be good but i just wouldnt risk it if i was doing it again,

To put it this way i have spent about £600 and still ended up solving the issues with it my self from looking at the forum where hundres of poeple have issues.

The clue is in there name

Afordable

Engine

Management

traction control ect comes as standard with the syvecs making it cheap realisticly