The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Where have all the supras gone?

LOGIE

We've had decent-ish weather for a few weeks now, and i drive 600 miles up and down the M6/M74 every weekday and I aint seen any of yous this year so far which is unusual. Are yous keeping the covers on a bit longer this year guys?

lol

surely thats an old photo scott? :D

;) :D

SCOTT!!! Hardly see you too!! Hope you are well fella?!

Now pull your finger out and get it sorted! :D

All good mate finger is out... getting there slowly but surely. It's the little PITA jobs that are left so working through them 1 at a time :)

JESUS!!! what happened Scott? If your that handy with the spanners fancy doing my NA-TT?:D

Hahaha, considering I started this 18 months ago I doubt you'll like my turnaround :D

N/A - TT is easy, you just chuck one out and chuck one in... job done :D

your just teaseing me now

Drop the oil, coolant, etc. remove the radiator/fan etc. Disconnect the loom from the ECU and feed it through the firewall (holes already there). Disconnect the gearbox loom and all the other looms (ignitor box, etc). Remove the alternator loom and all secondary looms connected to the engine. Once everything is disconnected get the engine onto the crane. Get inside the car, take of the gearbox cover and loosen off the nuts/bolts/etc holding the shifter etc in place. Get underneath and disconnect the prop and the gearbox mounts. Loosen off the engine mounts and pull the engine out.

Dump old engine, reverse process with the new engine.

Going auto to manual involves a bit more work, as does vice versa. Other than that and a quick ECU swap that's pretty much it :D