The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How to make my 2JZ revv higher

calebharry

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't start being more specific with your questions, people will just start to make stupid comments. Help us to help you, and give us more detail as to what spec the car is currently, why you want to rev that high, budget for want you want etc.

People won't be inclined to put the effort in to help, if you put no effort into the question ;)

Hey guys... How could i make my 2JZ revv up to 8000-9000RPM

:search:

Just letting you guys know it will be 2 T88-33d's, so what power would that make? And i dont have a Supra yet, im planning to get one so i will slowly build this up when i do... :)

Buy one first mate. Then you can start by forging the engine, getting a stage build on the head to strengthen for the raised rev limit you seek. And you will need a decent ecu and correct fueling mods to run your twin t88-33d's setup :D

Buy one first mate. Then you can start by forging the engine, getting a stage build on the head to strengthen for the raised rev limit you seek. And you will need a decent ecu and correct fueling mods to run your twin t88-33d's setup :D

Hold on, this guys doesn't even have a Supra yet, no wonder his just asking random questions.

He is only asking a question, who cares if he has or dont have a supra, seems interested enough to learn about them.

As Dean says it all boils down to pound notes. A nice 3.4L bottom end, ported and polished head with stage 2+ cams should do the trick and the rest is done through the ECU (syvecs is best), thats obviously a dream build.

The rev limit has been increased on mine to run the twins but ideally i need cams, i have a forged bottom end so that helps. A stock bottom end i wouldnt recommend it if you want "Reliability" at that sort of rev limit.

He is only asking a question, who cares if he has or dont have a supra, seems interested enough to learn about them.

As Dean says it all boils down to pound notes. A nice 3.4L bottom end, ported and polished head with stage 2+ cams should do the trick and the rest is done through the ECU (syvecs is best), thats obviously a dream build.

The rev limit has been increased on mine to run the twins but ideally i need cams, i have a forged bottom end so that helps. A stock bottom end i wouldnt recommend it if you want "Reliability" at that sort of rev limit.

Thank you! Finally someone who gives me a honest answer! As I said before, i do not yet have that absolutely sexy amazing beautiful dream machine they call a Supra... But it is my dream car, and when i do get it, over a period of like 5 years or so, I will build her up... I am wanting 1000hp, no less... I originally wanted a Twin turbo setup using Greddy T88-34D's, but sized that down to T88-33D's, i still want to use a Twin turbo setup, and i would like to use Greddy because i know somewhat about them...

The reason i want to be able to revv higher is because you guys said a normal 2JZ would have a lot of trouble powering 2 88mm turbos, So I will put in the 3.4ltr stroker kit, but you said thats better but still have some few problems... How does a 1.6ltr turbo V6 power F1 cars around the track at 300kph while still making 700hp? Higher revvs!... So i thought, why not do that as well??? Higher revvs mean more exhaust so will power the turbos better... See where im coming from?

I would still like to use the Twin T88-33Ds but you guys said apart from being hard to spin, they will not PHYSICALLY fit under the bonnet... Well, i dont mind modding the bonnet... As i told you before, i dont have a Supra, nor have i ever sat in one :'( Noone in NZ owns them... But yeah, im not too sure what the spacing is like under the bonnet... BUT... Why not have one T88 on the left side of the engine... and one on the right??? Surely that will look cool? But would that work? or would I have to keep them both on the left side and just modd the bonnet? If nothing is gonna work with those turbos, then i still want 1000hp and Greddy, so would 2 T78's fit? Ill still be making 1000Hp with those :)

Thanks guys! :)

Thank you! Finally someone who gives me a honest answer! As I said before, i do not yet have that absolutely sexy amazing beautiful dream machine they call a Supra... But it is my dream car, and when i do get it, over a period of like 5 years or so, I will build her up... I am wanting 1000hp, no less... I originally wanted a Twin turbo setup using Greddy T88-34D's, but sized that down to T88-33D's, i still want to use a Twin turbo setup, and i would like to use Greddy because i know somewhat about them...

The reason i want to be able to revv higher is because you guys said a normal 2JZ would have a lot of trouble powering 2 88mm turbos, So I will put in the 3.4ltr stroker kit, but you said thats better but still have some few problems... How does a 1.6ltr turbo V6 power F1 cars around the track at 300kph while still making 700hp? Higher revvs!... So i thought, why not do that as well??? Higher revvs mean more exhaust so will power the turbos better... See where im coming from?

I would still like to use the Twin T88-33Ds but you guys said apart from being hard to spin, they will not PHYSICALLY fit under the bonnet... Well, i dont mind modding the bonnet... As i told you before, i dont have a Supra, nor have i ever sat in one :'( Noone in NZ owns them... But yeah, im not too sure what the spacing is like under the bonnet... BUT... Why not have one T88 on the left side of the engine... and one on the right??? Surely that will look cool? But would that work? or would I have to keep them both on the left side and just modd the bonnet? If nothing is gonna work with those turbos, then i still want 1000hp and Greddy, so would 2 T78's fit? Ill still be making 1000Hp with those :)

Thanks guys! :)

Hats of to you for being creative etc, But where is the intake plenum going to sit if you put one turbo on the right hand side? It wont be as easy as you think lol :)

Im 15

Im only 18 my friend - I was the same as you when I first joined this forum. I asked stupid questions and got stupid replies but this is a great forum with some great advice. Have a read through the forum :thumbs:. There's nothing wrong with asking questions. Aslong as you can take "banter" you should be fine.

Thats why... But yes... Mum said, if i do well with my grades ect. ect. She MIGHT let me get a Supra for my first car, as long as i dont turbo it untill im a bit older and know how to drive properly... I am absolutely ok with that... Ill still have that 7000W sound system ive made tho ;) Then when im ready i will begin with the engine mods... AND i probably know what some of you are thinking, 'Hes young, hes gonna go kill himself on the road', Wrong... When i get my Supra, she is gonna be treated like fucking GOLD... Vaccumed every week, polished every week, No food or drink in it... And im definately not gonna speed... Im gonna drive her very sensibly and im just gonna Cruze around... And then pull up to my mates at the skatepark (yeah i BMX) and open the boot... AND SMASH THE TUNES!!!