The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I must be mad or just determined

Suprakeith

As tile says, due to the fact that been doing 2pm till 2am all week at work finished at ten last night and am awake getting ready to change rear lower arms on supra and re grease rear brake sliders in aid to stopping this noise when turn. plus start work at 2pm today aswell. lets just hope it goes well and doesnt take to long to do :yawn:

Have fun getting the old arms off, they're a cow!:(

I've ended up cutting mine off.

Mine came off no problem, it was the lower fronts i had dramas with.

Don't forget you'll need to get the geo done once you've done this

Well i had fun shall we say the lower arms were a right pain to remove but got their in the end with some good old brute force and ignorance, the small lower arms balljoint was completely shot,so glad replaced that now. Also replaced the other lower arm only one didnt change is the one that the suspension bolts to, and re greased my rear brake sliders(they were very dry).

Took car for little test drive round block and she seems fine the back is so much stiffer and its banging around so much,didnt hear the noise when corned but the proper test will be when take car to work. If no noise and drives seems ok will go get the geo done 1st thing next week and hopefully can enjoy the supra again

Well after test drive still have the noise when corner,doing my head in now. Maybe could be suspension who knows

Get someone else to drive it and see what they think

When does it happen ? left handers right handers, in straight line, under braking, under acceleration.

Is the noise constant or change with speed etc etc

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

I going to have to bud,it happens when turn left, doesnt do it a slow speeds and if corner fast its lounder plus heard it going over bump in straight line today for 1st time. I am so anneyed with it had it for while and been to few garages and they cant find anything wrong