The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gold Rush- 1st impressions and thanks SRD and Ryan

Rob_Mitchell

Just got home and im so impressed with what Lee and Ash have done for me under the bonnet. The touches which Ash has done have made the bay a million times better with custom brackets ect.

Anyway!

It drives absolutely perfectly, no knocks from the exhaust and no annoying rattles which i had before. Drives so smoothly and it just feels and sounds like its going to be a monster! :).. Its definately laggy compared to the single but it comes to life at 4000pm and then past that it goes bloody insane :D, i had to ring lee when i got home and ask him if it was safe to keep my foot planted, as the rev limit has been increased and i was worried it wont change gear . Overall he twins sound, look and perform superbly... not as quick off the mark as the single but nothing is going to trouble the car on the motorway lol the power delivery is savage and keeps going and going. Im a very happy man! couldnt stop smiling on the way home and i launched past my dad and he said it sounded crazy.

I wont miss the screamer pipes either, big twins have a sound track that sounds better than anything i have ever heard, apart from a 4 rotor rx7 :cool: lol.

Just want to say a MASSIVE thankyou to Lee for building me a awesome car and just being a legend for all the extra hours he has put into it and for putting up with my texts and calls :D

Cant forget Ryan either as the setup of the car is spot on and drives perfectly. Thanks for putting yourself out today and mapping the car, i owe you big time dude.

Edited by Rob_Mitchell (see edit history)

Built box, 1000cc injectors and 1.8 bar anytime soon :D

Lol i think im happy now Dean if im honest, it just feels perfect.. Drives nice just cruising along and if i want it then i just plant my foot! its scary ha ha. But i havnt drove anything over 600bhp so it will take me time to get used to it.

You will get used to it, thats the problem !

Glad to hear its all sorted, shame you have no dyno graph, I would have thought with your shows this would have been a nice addition to the windscreen, looks and power

Lol yeah i know exactly what you mean mate, just feels perfect and i think if i go for more ill start breaking parts and breaking traction... you know what its like though, so prob will want more ha ha

Congrats mate

You can't beat having big twins under the bonnet !

I bet it's a real monster

Enjoy !

I plan to enjoy her this year! drives great off boost which i REALLY like the idea of, the single was on spool all the time but it was quicker at launching! so maybe that might get missed but only time will tell.

No problem at all Rob was a pleasure, glad you like it and had a good drive home.

Now get some more trophys :)

Yeah i do love it Lee, Laggy but awesome on a straight road plus i need to learn how to drive manual mode that will improve everything.

Im in my PJ's! and tempted to go out for another blast haha. I best get to the shows quickly then before you unleash Jays

Surprised your home so early mate, could have gone home the long way :eyebrows:

How much fuel did you use on the way home :D

Cant wait to see this at F&F meet

Mate thats the good thing! its actually good on fuel now haha, the single drank the juice as it was constant spooling up. BIG twins drive like an NA when cruising but when you give it some the power comes in hard and stays like it!! never seems to end... i bottle it and let off, it does not even change gear so i know there is more in her :D

Im not going to sleep tonight :D

Mate thats the good thing! its actually good on fuel now haha, the single drank the juice as it was constant spooling up. BIG twins drive like an NA when cruising but when you give it some the power comes in hard and stays like it!! never seems to end... i bottle it and let off, it does not even change gear so i know there is more in her :D

Im not going to sleep tonight :D

Fantastic mate, bet your so happy with it. I need a ride:d