The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New North East Member

BFC

Alright!

I've talked about wanting a supra since i was 18, and now i'm 24 so i've decided this year is the year to get one! i've got 7 years no claims so hopefully insurance won't be too much! and i'll be happy with a none turbo 5 speed! if i could get a aerotop i'd be happy too!

i'm located in Jarrow Tyne and Wear (not far from newcastle and sunderland) and thought it's probably worth coming on here to find out abit more information about supra's before i eventually buy one!

do many of you guys use these as daily drivers? any advice you could give me when looking for a supra? (i've read the what to look out for guide)

which company is the best for insurance too? this is the only thing that will be holding me up getting one!!!

and lastly are many of you local to newcastle? i see a white supra kicking about Jarrow but thats about it see a red one always parked in a multi story car park next to dance city and another red one at the RVI but thats about it!

Cheers!

Bobby

Welcome to the club mate!

We try to have smaller 'catch up' meets during the week every Wednesday at the Team Valley retail world and outside of that occassionally sort out some bigger one-off meetings and/or drives. Now the weather is getting a bit better and nights lighter, I'm sure there'll be some stuff organised - keep an eye on the North east section.

I use my NA as a daily driver and its only failed me once in 4 years when the water pump went - just ware and tear on a 20 yr old car now though.

i'm hoping for a manual NA for insurance purposes like but that TT Aerotop would be a dream!

Stevo is it just a supra meet or one of the secta meets? i'm driving a shed at the moment but i wouldn't mind popping up to see all the supras like! it's my dream car although i've never actually been in one :/ i'm praying to god i like driving one the cockpit is different from anything i've drove before

Welcome to the club,

I used to use my supra daily and had no issues at all, it never let me down. Having to sell it now as i need extra seats for little ones.

i noticed yours on gumtree last night, i would have bought it although i'm only half way through saving for one sadly i'm hoping about mid summer i can get one

whats your NA like on fuel? i'm not expecting any miracles but just wondering what MPG you get around the doors?

It is actually not bad if you are pottering about, it is when you start getting heavy with the loud pedal it goes down a fair bit. Don't know exactly what the mpg is as it is something that doesn't bother me but i would say roughly 20 mpg. But who cares when they look so good.

i'm hoping for a manual NA for insurance purposes like but that TT Aerotop would be a dream!

Stevo is it just a supra meet or one of the secta meets? i'm driving a shed at the moment but i wouldn't mind popping up to see all the supras like! it's my dream car although i've never actually been in one :/ i'm praying to god i like driving one the cockpit is different from anything i've drove before

The meet at the valley is one of this clubs meets its small just now as most of the cars are off the road at the min but will get larger as (or if)the good weather comes through pop along im sure one of the lads wont mind taking you down the road in one