The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New guy looking for a supra to look around

chris0132

Hi guys my names Chris im 23 and well basically I've got a Lexus is300 2jz-ge at the moment and i love it but I've always loved supras I mean who doesn't lol so I've started looking at them

Is there anybody around Birmingham that'll let me look around there supra so I can see what there like inside and things like that only seen the outside of them really

I had before my Lexus an mr2 which in a way is similar inside wise without the extra seats from what I can tell in pictures

I'd more than likely get an na for now as no way could I afford a tt yet lol and as I live the auto box in my Lexus I think I'd go for one of those again

So yh has anybody got one they don't mind me looking at just to make sure I can convince the mrs it's a good idea haha I'm from Birmingham (almost forgot to put that lol)

Hi Chris, it's Roger off of Facebook, I see you had joined a while ago anyway

You will be asked for pics of the previous motors I am sure, so you might as well post them up now;)

I am sure someone will help you out with a look around

Good luck in your search, this thread is worth a read through http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?67644-What-to-check-when-buying-a-Supra

Thanks mate and ok I'll get some up when I'm next on the laptop my mr2 at the moment is being re done by shell shock the new owners had the whole thing re done its awesome but ill get some of when I built it up

And thanks for the link defo come in handy that will

I'm after an na mate gonna na-t it in a year so that's be perfect you around tomorrow afternoon?

Yer what sort of time? Ive got to collect my son from nursery later afternoon but anything before is fine by me :) Also mine is slightly modified too, but guessing if your looking na-t that wont bother you!

Edited by scott87 (see edit history)

Big thanks to Scott87 for showing me around his supra he's made my mind up ill be after a manual na and ill convert it to turbo over about a year, can't wait to get one now

Nice choice. Though if your considering going NA-T next year I'd hold out and buy a 6 speed NA

Big thanks to Scott87 for showing me around his supra he's made my mind up ill be after a manual na and ill convert it to turbo over about a year, can't wait to get one now

Not a problem at all, glad it convinced you! :) Kicked me into gear for giving it a good clean too!

Great place to start if you go na-t already having the manual and the 5speed will be good for a range of power levels and whifbitz do a nice uprated clutch if you do want that bit more power!

If your destined for 6 speed i forgot to mention the bmw boxes are a good compromise and a dam site cheaper than the supra one, but does require a small amount of modification. But either way a 5 speed na is great fun to drive imo. :)

Thanks again mate told the mrs and she was like as long as you don't have to pay any more on insurance so my goal is to ind some cheap quotes to shut her up and help me get one ASAP

Your car looked gorgeous mate drove so well too can't wait to get one now just glad you have me a heads up on some of the things to look out for