The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Worn out OEM REcaros. How to fix?

ryansupra

Hey guys,

Below you can see how my Recaros are worn out.. Its the seat belt rubbing that made all the damage. Anybody here has any suggesstions what to do? I looked everywhere to find replacement seat covers and no luck. I can find bolsters but my most concern is the worn out cover.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Ryan

IMG_8515.jpg

Not really a fix as such, but I would swap the seats over so both worn bolsters are in the middle would look a lot neater

I thought of this, at least the outer part will look better. Can i just swap the top parts of the seat? That way i dont have to alter the seat belt receptacle.

I know an upholstery shop that can air-brush the defective part to make the patch look darker.. Hopefully he doesn't ruin them but i'll give it a try and post pictures..

Any other options?

Capital seating has fabric for the seats and bolster replacement. I wonder how hard it would be to disassemble the seat, get some fabric and get an upholsterer to re-do the part that is damaged.. Anybody here has ever done such a thing?

The other issue is that these seats are 17 years old so they probably faded by time. What if the new fabric patch is darker? It will probably look odd..

Thoughts?

Have a search for capital seating, when I had my EK9 I was able to buy the side bolsters for the seats and fix them myself. So they might do the top sections as well.