The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New look to the car

Brothy

After thinking for a long a time now i think i have finaly come to a decision on how i want my supra to look like. At the moment it has the do-luck gen 2 front bumper, failside side skirts, fail side rear spats and a silly big carbon wing. I am think of having a standard front bumper with a lip, rear diffuser and a trd rear wing. I am still unsure about the side skirts. Would really like people opinions on my idea to this change :)

Please bare in mind i am being made redundant so it will be a slow process :(

Taking the car back to a near stock look will be a huge improvement in my opinion. I've always felt sorry for all the Failside kitted Supra's out there and cars with giant silly DoLuck coat-hanger spoilers, carbon picnic tables and other such mods that do nothing for the lines of the car...obviously each to their own, and everyone's entitled to their own opinion but the stock look with subtle touches beats everything else hands down I reckon :)

As for the side skirts.... I prefer the look without, but there a few out there that look ok.

Isn't the beauty of the supra that it can have a very individual look, depending on how each owner wants it. If someone looks after their car and is proud to own it then 'clean' or kitted up is fine by me, i can see and appreciate the effort put in. Good job we dont all like the same things.

this sounds like usa supraforums now...

Just need some of the US roads & weather (not the hurricanes) and we are on to a winner!!

I have to admit I have been inspired by the US style Supra's, they look so clean & sexy!!

It will look even better without the skirts and spats

Eh? :blink: I've never understood that - it makes the car look incomplete because the front end sits so much lower than the rest of the car. The skirts and spats carry over the lines from the front to the rear and help to make any front lip (including the stock or stock + aero-lip) not look "stuck on."

Anyway, to OP:

Stock is a goooooooood look for the skirts / spats, but perhaps consider Ridox for something a bit different... :cool:

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't the beauty of the supra that it can have a very individual look, depending on how each owner wants it. If someone looks after their car and is proud to own it then 'clean' or kitted up is fine by me, i can see and appreciate the effort put in. Good job we dont all like the same things.

Also, :goodpost: :)

I had the choice when buying my new car to either go for a full kitted (every single part) Ridox widebody BPU TT6 or a stockbody (OEM skirts) 6 speed single (which I'll be putting my carbon HKS Kansai lip and carbon rear diffuser onto). The choice was easy. :)

Kitted cars can certainly look good if done correctly, but nearer stock is certainly better for me :)

Taking the car back to a near stock look will be a huge improvement in my opinion. I've always felt sorry for all the Failside kitted Supra's out there and cars with giant silly DoLuck coat-hanger spoilers, carbon picnic tables and other such mods that do nothing for the lines of the car...obviously each to their own, and everyone's entitled to their own opinion but the stock look with subtle touches beats everything else hands down I reckon :)

As for the side skirts.... I prefer the look without, but there a few out there that look ok.

I disagree tbh, the stock look does look good yes BUT it's dated! Like you said it's a matter of personal opinion and what people want to do.

Coat hanger carbon picnic tables FTW! :p

To the OP

My answer is to do what YOU want to do and don't be a sheep Origen to other people's ideas/thoughts.

^ exactly , why be a sheep because others say stock is best. do what you like

the stock look does look good yes BUT it's dated!

it's a matter of personal opinion

;)

Stock body with facelift and appointments, a different front lip and a set of wheels with a drop doesn't look dated in MY opinion. That is all it is :)

Would really like people opinions on my idea to this change :)

And that is what is asked for. :)

^ exactly , why be a sheep because others say stock is best. do what you like

He asked for opinions, nobody PM'd the guy saying change the look of your car.... :);)

I disagree tbh, the stock look does look good yes BUT it's dated! Like you said it's a matter of personal opinion and what people want to do.

Coat hanger carbon picnic tables FTW!

To the OP

My answer is to do what YOU want to do and don't be a sheep Origen to other people's ideas/thoughts.

I don't think bodykits and giant spoilers make the Supra look any more modern at all... if anything it does the exact opposite I think and makes the car look very early 90's, when big spoilers and lairy kits were all the rage. There's not many kits (1 can think of) that complement the lines of the car without looking OTT in my opinion.

Absolutely agree on the personal choice thing though, it is each to their own... ;):)

Coat hanger carbon picnic tables FTW! :p

To the OP

Are you saying this looks dated?!

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/9518/suprameetpics011hz7.jpg

http://turboimport.com/temp/white_supra.jpg

http://www.2bartuning.com/communities/8/004/006/348/058/images/4534027740.jpg

Don't listen to the people who suggest you be different for the SAKE of being different, do what you like ;)

Guest Nicholas

Body kit it to high heaven, stock look is dated and old. My plan is working others will soon be fully kitted with stupid bonnets and spoilers:sly:

Are you saying this looks dated?!

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/9518/suprameetpics011hz7.jpg

http://turboimport.com/temp/white_supra.jpg

http://www.2bartuning.com/communities/8/004/006/348/058/images/4534027740.jpg

Don't listen to the people who suggest you be different for the SAKE of being different, do what you like ;)

Those are some lovely pictures :thumbs:

definitely not a dated car, would say it still looks as good as modern equivilents, if not better.