The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lee's Single Turbo Supra at Invisible Touch Detailing

Stonkin

Hi, here we have Lee's Single Turbo Supra. I spotted Lee's car a long time ago at an old gym and left him a business card on his windscreen. Lee contacted me and said he was having some work done to the car and would be in contact in the future. Well he has certainly had some work done :)

This was his car on arrival to me

Into the engine bay

I then proceeded to go around the car with APC cleaning headlight rubbers, fuel cap, door and boot shuts, window rubbers, mirrors and badges

Wheels were cleaned with Bilberry and tyres with APC

The car was then jetwashed and snowfoamed

It was then washed using the 2 bucket method with Meguiars Shampoo Plus. Clayed to remove bonded contamination and then washed again. The car was then taken inside to be dried and have paint readings taken. The car had received quite a lot of previous paintwork, some of this was leaving quite a flat finish to the overall appearance. Obviously there were lots of swirls and i did my best to pick these up on camera which is always tricky with white. One thing very apparent was the staining to the paint, again very common with white. It would not matter how many times the car was washed, a good polish is the only remedy to return that 'fresh' white appearance

There was however 1 panel which caused for concern, the front drivers wing. To look at the panel you would not know, but the paint readings came out at 59 microns with only a couple higher over the whole panel. To give you an idea of this reading, an a4 piece of paper will average 90 microns. This reading was also everything from the bare metal, so primer, basecoat (colour) and lacquer! I gave Lee a quick call to make him aware and i expressed my concerns to him. He was previously thinking of having the front wings painted in the future anyway so agreed for me to proceed. Which i did cautiously at a very low speed, simply to remove the staining in the paint to blend it in with the rest of the car

Here are a few shots showing the paint condition prior to machining

Trial rear bumper completed

The boot underneath the spoiler was very flat

After polishing

Once all polishing was complete the car was IPA'd to remove polishing oils and i then applied Lime Prime Lite by hand. This acts as a further cleanser and creates a great surface to apply a finishing product to

Victoria concourse wax was then applied

The alloys were treated with wheel sealant and tyres with Endurance Gel

The glass and exhaust were polished. Interior hoovered and dusted down. Plastics and seats cleaned with APC. All exterior plastics and rubbers were treated with Bumper Care

The engine bay had all metal work polished, paintwork polished, rubbers and plastics treated with Aerospace 303

These were the final pictures

I love reading these threads over a cup of tea, outstanding work as usual Christian. :thumbs:

One thing I hate on the white Supra's is the staining, my biggest bear bug, after you detailed my car it didn't stain for a long time but now it has come back but car still looks great a year on from detailing considering it sits outside and has never had any type of polishing or claying or any work done to it apart from the world's quickest wash :D