The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What should be in the boot?

Kaan W

Hi all,

Does anyone have a picture of what is suppose to be under the carpet of the boot?

Im asking as I have a piece of mdf covering the spare as a support for the carpet which if removed leaves the carpet drooping on the passenger side of the car.

Thanks

Foam for the tools and jack I think, mines missing too but im sure ive seen this in other supra boots before

I know there should be some kind of card under the carpet but there should be some foam or something unde that surely?

No idea. Still trying to get into mine.

:D

Spare wheel, either side 2 large formed foam prices that hold a jack, handle, wheel brace on the right, left hand side varies but usually holds a screwdriver, spanners and pliers.... Then the black board sits on top...

- - - Updated - - -

Take some pics of yours and I can see what's missing... I have everything for the boot if needed...

Spare wheel, either side 2 large formed foam prices that hold a jack, handle, wheel brace on the right, left hand side varies but usually holds a screwdriver, spanners and pliers.... Then the black board sits on top...

- - - Updated - - -

Take some pics of yours and I can see what's missing... I have everything for the boot if needed...

Cheers Keron I have everything on the right side by the sounds of it I just need the left side and the card on top.

I basically have the spare, jack etc on the right and then the carpet on top.

By the sounds of it someone has put the piece of MDF in there as a replacement - for whatever reason - for the stock piece of corrugated plastic board that usually sits on top of the space saver, supported at the front by the foam between the suspension struts and the rear by the plastic boot trim.

The right side foam holds a wheel brace, jack, jack handle and wheel chock; the left side holds pliers, a reversible (flat / phillips head) screwdriver and 2 spanners (8 / 10mm and 12 / 14mm if memory serves). There's also a piece of wooden board with an arrow cut out of it covering a smaller recess towards the rear of the boot space, but I've no idea what's supposed to be in there...

Think that's everything. :)

By the sounds of it someone has put the piece of MDF in there as a replacement - for whatever reason - for the stock piece of corrugated plastic board that usually sits on top of the space saver, supported at the front by the foam between the suspension struts and the rear by the plastic boot trim.

The right side foam holds a wheel brace, jack, jack handle and wheel chock; the left side holds pliers, a reversible (flat / phillips head) screwdriver and 2 spanners (8 / 10mm and 12 / 14mm if memory serves). There's also a piece of wooden board with an arrow cut out of it covering a smaller recess towards the rear of the boot space, but I've no idea what's supposed to be in there...

Think that's everything. :)

Thanks, thats very helpfull mate! :)

God knows why the tools and card was replaced with mdf lol :shrug:

The card probably got replaced with mdf because once something slightly heavy goes on it, the plastic drops down.

Mine is now two bits of mdf across the whole boot, as a sub install and a better boot floor.

Yeah prehaps mate, there was originally two bits but took one out.

Thanks, thats very helpfull mate! :)

:thumbs: No worries.

I think the stock plastic part is fine as long as it's supported underneath by the space saver or whatever else you put in there - I have a breakdown kit, a thermal jacket, a can of tyre weld, some spare bulbs and some bog roll in case I get caught short! :D - but if you remove everything completely it will inevitably bend along the corrugations, I think. MDF will be more supportive but slightly heavier.

I think the stock plastic part is fine as long as it's supported underneath by the space saver or whatever else you put in there - I have a breakdown kit, a thermal jacket, a can of tyre weld, some spare bulbs and some bog roll in case I get caught short! :D - but if you remove everything completely it will inevitably bend along the corrugations, I think. MDF will be more supportive but slightly heavier.

Lol prepaired for anything!

:nana:

I'm not the only one then :D

(Maybe its a squaddie thing ;))

This shows most of what is under the carpet, there is a stock jack just out of shot on the back right if you were stood behind looking in

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj152/DodgyRogSupra/DSC03191.jpg

Here is mine out of a 2000 RZ.

So what am I missing in comparison to you? Is there a small satchel on the RHS? I'm guessing all of my tools would have been in a satchel themselves on the LHS?

Hi all,

Does anyone have a picture of what is suppose to be under the carpet of the boot?

Im asking as I have a piece of mdf covering the spare as a support for the carpet which if removed leaves the carpet drooping on the passenger side of the car.

Thanks

Kaan, I have 1 of the foams and the plastic wheel cover here and a jack + handle and possibly a few other bits from the boot

I can't see it being worth posting it, as the boot board is fairly big, but if we can agree a price you could come down and meet me at Ashford the night before the Dragonball

Here is mine out of a 2000 RZ.

So what am I missing in comparison to you? Is there a small satchel on the RHS? I'm guessing all of my tools would have been in a satchel themselves on the LHS?

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k97/shift3d/IMAG0147_zps4810b37b.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k97/shift3d/IMAG0146_zps91a0f57d.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k97/shift3d/IMAG0145_zps2829c422.jpg

In your last pic there should be one of these