The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Alloy Wheel Suggestions Please

C12MMO

Hi All,

Ever since I first bought my car I've disliked the fox racing alloys, I've now been looking for 3 years for some that take my fancy.

I'm ideally after a set of 18" staggered fitment in 8.5j front and 9.5 or 10j rear with an offset to push the alloys as flush as possible with the standard arches. Have a budget of around £1200 including tyres this can be for used or new alloys. All suggestions, pictures and offers welcome.

Really wanted these but just missed out on them.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?288606-volk-racing-GT-U-18-quot-wheels-and-tyres-(rays-engineering)&highlight=Volk

Keep leaning towards the Rota GTR for the front and GTR Drift on the rears in flat black. Also need a suggestion on colours, like the idea of black alloys on a white car but this seems too common at the moment on new cars.

And another thing to note is that the brakes are standard J Spec but will be K-Sport 356mm 6 pots in the future.

Few pics of the car in question.

Thanks in advance Karl.

Edited by C12MMO (see edit history)

These are the 5 spoke Racing Hart's, but it gives you an idea

My Work VS-TX will be for sale soon, they could do with a refurb, but your budget will mean you will have enough to send them to Ibrar

and they would accommodate the biggest brakes you can find

When I spoke to Ibrar a while ago, it was £95 a wheel to have the lips sorted and Black Chrome centres

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

I do like the racing harts, however from what I've read the ideal wheel size on a supra is 18" and I wouldn't want to compromise the handling.

What's the specs on your alloys dodgeyrog? I do like the look of those.

Thanks for the offer Nic, but I'm leaning towards something with a little dish.

TubbyTwo I agree entirely, they look like an halfords special and really ruin the overall look of the car. Once I've got the alloys and brakes sorted that should be the outside complete.

Rob, the budget is £1200!! Otherwise I would have recommended the CCW's - They are the sexiest wheels for a Supra, full stop.

The current wheels on your car are actually quite nice, have a very OEM look about them yet after market, well looks modern anyhoo.

I'd personally just keep an eye out for any decent wheels which come up for good money.

Rob I would love trafficstars or some CW Classics, but I use and abuse the car too much to warrant spending that sort of money on alloys also I would cry if I were to curb them.

After seeing these pictures from Jurgens Facebook I quite like the look of these Volk GR-C's

What do you think?

Also Lui hopefully still has them for safe here.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?270201-Volk-GR-C-18-quot-wheels-complete-with-Goodyear-F1-s-Fitted-all-round&highlight=Volk

And I can always get them re furbed like these with black centres.

I can't remember the offsets on my wheels, so I will have to check when I get the chance to take them off the car

I don't even have any decent photos of them on the car before I went Widearch, they clear Uk Calipers with ease, I doubt there are any brakes they wouldn't clear

I have these, but the car had just been dropped of the jack so is not sitting level, it does give you an idea though

I have also included a pic of them in the total black they are in now

Centres painted black

Rear

Front

I am hoping to have the new wheel ready for the Dragonball, so if I do sell them it will be when I come back as it's going to be tight to have them ready in time

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Like this thread, Because I too have been searching for the 'right' wheel, and as it happens would also be for a white supra. Total stock at the moment, OEM skirts and spats. its just what I was after, BUT the standard wheels!! 16' or 17' whatever they are, just look rubbish!

My budget would be around £1750 (inc tyres) - Ideally I want some to hand over to Jurgen so when I pick it up its already sat on my desired wheels :)

Ive managed so far to find this collection of supra with wheels I REALLY like, as for what they cost I have no idea ha.

IMG_2252.JPG

DSCN4042-640x480.jpg

IMG_2458.jpg

2csb3tk.jpg

IMG_1333.jpg

Only just seen the other two posts.

Thanks a for the offer Rog however I've now made my mind up and will be ordering some Rota Grid Drifts in Matt Black, or Hyper black, or gloss black lol.

Missed out on a set of Volk TE37's on eBay in Gold which I'm a bit gutted about as they went for less than I expected :(

Also I couldn't find anywhere to purchase a centre cap from for the racing harts Keron was selling and he sold them in the meantime.

It was Monsween's supra that has made me choose the Grids over the Gtr's, think his car looks superb

The fact that my rear tyres are nearly illegal has forced me into having to make the decision this week.

Will post pictures once fitted :)

Kitch79 you've a healthy budget at £1750 for new alloys and tyres although its taken me nearly 3 years to make my mind up lol.