The mkiv Supra Owners Club

XTD clutches

abtin90

Been looking for a suitable clutch for my NA-T to fit to my r154.

Came across a company called XTD and was wondering if anyone has used them before or knows anything about them?

Below is a link to their stage 3 clutch on eBay which is rated to 480lbs of torque.

Seems really cheap therefore I was wondering what people's thoughts were?

http://bit.ly/Yw2rHD

Mmmmmmm.... :conf: Never heard of the brand. That doesn't mean they're DEFINITELY no good, of course but I for one am a firm believer in the adage "you get what you pay for."

I guess if you're happy to sacrifice £200 to find out then you could be onto a winner! :)

Read my latest thread on Ebay Clutches....

From a quick google of my F1 Clutch i also discovered that these XTD clutches arent great either.

I`m lucky as i got my money back for the clutch and also a proportion of my labour costs without any real arguments or hassle but i guess with other companies you wouldnt be so lucky.

Ive learned for a clutch or integral part then go to a tuner, get the parts from them too.

Thanks for all the replies, I know people are against buying cheap and especially off eBay though some members have had some good experiences through doing so.

I've googled the company and there are a lot of mixed reviews on other forums so I'm going to do more research and see what others on here think too.

Can anyone recommend any other clutches that will be good for around 500lb/ft torque?

• 1 month later...

I had a XTD 4puk paddle clutch fitted in my old skyline , was a nightmare trying to control it , it was either in or out! No in between!

Was a strong clutch though and never shown any sign of weakness and my skyline was running 450bhp and it got launched everywhere , clutch kicking never broke it either lol.

Hated it but did the job and handled the power but overall I wouldn't buy one again.