The mkiv Supra Owners Club

v power nitro+ fuel

smithypj

Never heard of that, having a quick look online there is no info on the Shell website that I can see, only normal V Power, maybe its just rebranding :search:

Some info but not from a UK site :-

The new Shell V-Power Nitro+ line consists of three fuel products: V-Power Nitro+ Gasoline (replacing Super Premium), V-Power Nitro+ Racing (replacing V-Power), and V-Power Nitro+ Diesel (replacing V-Power Diesel).

The two main selling points of V-Power Nitro+ are its powerful cleaning action and its instant-acting friction modifiers.

According to Shell, V-Power Nitro+ Gasoline boasts "an increased level of friction modifiers, designed to improve performance and to act instantly on the cylinders, the heart of the engine. Friction modifiers are developed to reduce friction in critical engine areas, helping the engine to deliver more power."

V-Power+ Racing, meanwhile, is the top-of-the-line Shell gasoline. "It is able to deliver further performance benefits in octane-responsive vehicles," Shell says.

Lastly, V-Power+ Diesel is said to have been "designed to restore and maintain engine power through active engine protection," Shell explains. "It has powerful detergent technology developed to help prevent and clean up power-robbing diesel injector deposits. It is also formulated to protect engines against corrosion."

Just heard an advert on the radio for this. Sounds interesting anyway, I wonder how much they will charge for that. I remember BP had something like that out a few years back super unleaded 101ron and I think it was £2.50 a litre in Milton Keynes.

I have just filled up at the Exeter Shell with the Nitro+ stuff

The new Fuel is 99Ron and it was :p£1.44.9:p a litre down here, so still about the same as it was before

It apparently has better cleaning agents and friction reducers in it according to the leaflet

Edited by DodgyRog
Edit for the picky members (see edit history)

The new Fuel is 99Ron and it was £144.9 a litre down here, so still about the same as it was before

It apparently has better cleaning agents and friction reducers in it according to the leaflet

Oh the power of the decimal point ;)

The new Fuel is 99Ron and it was £144.9 a litre down here, so still about the same as it was before

Bloody hell its like liquid Gold! i best get some

Strangely, having read this thread this morning I needed to fill up and found myself doing so with this new fuel. Weird. As mentioned, turns out it's around £1.40-odd a litre.

Annoyingly, Shell sent me an email about 2 hours after I'd refuelled offering me money off if I top up from now. Grrrrrrr...! :complain: