The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help please!

Guest scuuby

Guest scuuby

My 93 tt has started playing up! Drives absouloutly fine if you drive sensibly under or up to 3500rpm anything over that and it doesn't want to know! Same if you give it beans just seems to die at 3500rpm. Any ideas please?

Guest scuuby

Cool, thanks for the reply. I've changed the plugs and the fuel pump started whining a couple of weeks but to which point I have just replaced it with a new Walbro one. Can I just clean the vsv's to eliminate that? Tried checking the pipes that I can see and they all seem supple and don't seem to have any splits (would expect it if they were rock solid ) seems weird that it is ONLY at 3500rpm, could the ignitor pack have anything to do with it?

Guest scuuby

Gone right through everything now and am putting it down to coilpacks! Can't seem to find any sensibly priced ones anywhere tho! Anyone know where I can get some preferably good second hand ones??

- - - Updated - - -

Gone right through everything now and am putting it down to coilpacks! Can't seem to find any sensibly priced ones anywhere tho! Anyone know where I can get some preferably good second hand ones??

Guest stp88

your ECU may be in limp mode or have bad caps in it , see if you can get one to try , i had that with a car and went through all the usual suspects to find that was the ecu .

Guest scuuby

Have thought about the ecu but took the spark plugs back out and there was a couple with white tips! So was putting it down to coil packs. Can't seem to get hold of an ecu locally (don't know anyone with a supra let alone an auto one)

Checked the codes and there's none in there! Spoken to a few people ( tuners ) and they all seem baffled by the problem!

have you checked the lambda sensor? reset the ecu by switching ignition to the on position and hold throttle fully down for 30secs. be warned it may not be a good idea though. ecu can be bought from whifbitz but is £1500 odd, but is plug and play

• 3 weeks later...
Guest scuuby

Little update, replaced the coil packs, coil pack connectors, plugs, ignitor pack, fuel pump ......

But it's still doing it! Is anyone local to Bournemouth or has a ecu there willing to sell as need to get this sorted!

I would say check your ignitor pack, but if it's only happening when you would expect the second turbo to kick in, then it's probably relating to the second turbo. New set of j-specs required, sound only cost you £200ish.

Guest scuuby

I've put a new ignitor pack on there but didn't make any difference. I've stripped and checked the turbos and they both seem fine, I've replaced pretty much everything now bar the ecu! It does it at 3500rpm wether it's stationary or not!