The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New car - teaser picture :D

James

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have a bad reputation, which stemmed from this article: http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/1/hks.jpg

Which must be 15+ years old now, HKS also released the triple-layer filter after this but as far as I'm aware they never did a similar test with it.

As with a lot of things, it got exaggerated over time but still people treat it as "fact".

Like the Defi display. :cool:

Do you have any more details on it? I take it you can download logs onto an SD card or similar?

Are you going to change out the fixed drivers seat for a matching pair of recaros?

I would put a decent set rims on and leave it as is ;) Looks very tasty and the dash is pure filth :D

CCW Classics (18x10 (F), 18x11.5 ® fully polished) are happening, OEM front bumper with my carbon Kansai lip is happening, Top Secret skirts are happening, Shine carbon diffuser is happening. That'll all be addressed within the first week of arrival :D

I'll look into a Syvecs in the future I think, will see how the HKS ECU is to begin with :)

I think I'll need to get some things (turbine housing etc.) polished up a bit too... ;)

Oh I'd much rather just make sure it works as required for sure. I wouldn't go all out on it in terms of 'bling' as I know that my upkeep of it probably wouldn't suffice. A carbon cover and a polished housing would probably do for a while :) Maybe a tuck if things are still easily enough accessible. And a plenum at some point. And this, and that, and the next thing... :D

Oh I'd much rather just make sure it works as required for sure. I wouldn't go all out on it in terms of 'bling' as I know that my upkeep of it probably wouldn't suffice. A carbon cover and a polished housing would probably do for a while :) Maybe a tuck if things are still easily enough accessible. And a plenum at some point. And this, and that, and the next thing... :D

It has begun :D