The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lexus Wheels?

rob wild

Hi guys just a quick question. I've gone for the UK brake upgrade and now i'm searching for new wheels for my j-spec TT which currently has 16" on. I’ve had a good search on here for opinions about wheels, and I would like the 18" Lexus wheels, but my questions are:

What model of GS300 sport i.e. year etc because there seems to be a few?

Is it correct that the backs should be 10" wide and fronts 8" wide?

Where's the best place to get them from?

Plus any good pictures of a supe with Lexus wheels would be much appreciated!

Thanks guys! :-)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by rob wild

Hi guys just a quick question. I've gone for the UK brake upgrade and now i'm searching for new wheels for my j-spec TT which currently has 16" on. I’ve had a good search on here for opinions about wheels, and I would like the 18" Lexus wheels, but my questions are:

What model of GS300 sport i.e. year etc because there seems to be a few?

Is it correct that the backs should be 10" wide and fronts 8" wide?

Where's the best place to get them from?

Plus any good pictures of a supe with Lexus wheels would be much appreciated!

Thanks guys! :-)

Good choice! They are the bollocks. I was going to point you in the direction of the group buy thread that Jake sorted out a while back as it had the part nos on, but it's disappeared in the For Sale reshuffle by the looks of it.

Originally posted by rob wild

the tyres are 265/35/18rear 245/40/18 front, does that sound about right also he's sent a photo. wat do you think? Considering the wheels are well under 500 quid

You can't calculate the wheel size from the tyre size because folks very often put the wrong sized tyres on wheels.

Are you buying these wheels on the net or can you see them 'in the flesh' before paying?

That pic you posted is a 8½J front wheel. They're only £180 each brand new. It's the 10" rears that are expensive and hard to find (Well over £300 each). If that pic is of the best wheel I'd pass, it's in a shit state - just look at the kerbing :eek: