The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Toyota Supra Hybrid

Guest 1990supra

Guest 1990supra

Okay so if you dint know they are coming out with Toyota Supra Hybrid. It has 400 hp. Hard top convertible. I don't know when exactly it is coming out. They say in 2013 or 2017. IF you look at the steering wheel, there is NO steering wheel rod like all cars off, the supra hybrid rotates on a circle metal railing, the red part of the steering wheel is the only thing that turns, it is all electronically set up.

images.jpg

3614714.jpg

Toyota-Hybrid-Supra-interior.jpg

toyota-supra.jpg

supra1.jpg

Toyota-Supra-Hybrid-34-Fro.jpg

Toyota FT-HS  09.jpg

Edited by 1990supra (see edit history)

Surely Toyota wont brand it though. Anything 40k up these days has got to come with a Lexus badge surely?

I fear you may be right, in the rumour that the Lexus LFLC has apparently been given the go ahead.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/03/28/lexus-lf-lc-approved-for-production/

If you can't see the Supra in the concept, you need your eyes testing.

attachment.php?attachmentid=167609&stc=1&d=1366053078

image.jpg

I fear you may be right, in the rumour that the Lexus LFLC has apparently been given the go ahead.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=167608&stc=1&d=1366053015

Hadnt seen this. Oh well, i got my car because i had a picture of it when i was little, so if i get to keep it, im definitely not planning on changing if a new one comes out :)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=167609&stc=1&d=1366053078

Another burn it with fire, looks god awful imho

Guest 1990supra

Okay I understand, iv researched it tons, all I know is they started making this in the early 2000's and have showed it first in 2007 and 2012-13 they showed it. They first designed it as a race car in Japan, and it won. Its a hard top convertible. 400hp. Should be out in 2014 to 2015 at latest. The reason it isn't out yet is they are still customizing it and working on it and the second reason is they the two presidents if the company are fighting on whether they should make it or not, one of them wants and one does not, but they do need to start getting sports car back into their sales to bring there ratings/numbers back up.

Okay I understand, iv researched it tons, all I know is they started making this in the early 2000's and have showed it first in 2007 and 2012-13 they showed it. They first designed it as a race car in Japan, and it won. Its a hard top convertible. 400hp. Should be out in 2014 to 2015 at latest. The reason it isn't out yet is they are still customizing it and working on it and the second reason is they the two presidents if the company are fighting on whether they should make it or not, one of them wants and one does not, but they do need to start getting sports car back into their sales to bring there ratings/numbers back up.

Can I ask where you get your information from?

So far, all you have said is old news, that was quashed by Mr Toyoda as "unsubstantiated rumours".

Old articles re-published.

And the third picture you posted in the first thread (shown below) is a Supra MKIV :rolleyes:

image.jpg

Is it Spring Break in the USA or something?

It looks like another one of the masses that we see everyday ...... Most modern cars are beginning to look the same regardless of make .......Maybe I just need spectacles but I really don't like it and (imo) it looks nowhere near as good as the mk4 supra .

its going to branded as a supra in japan and a lexus in europe, an importer i know has pre orderd 3 supras,i have put a deposit on one

I have put a deposit on the other two. And a camel with six humps! :)

When it happens , I look forward to it, rumours are just that, rumours.

Guest 1990supra

Yea, go on youtube, they talk about it. In the making if the supra hybrid, the first model they made was a race car. There is also a video of them showing the car off at one of the car shows, they talk all about it, you can find out tons about the car on youtube.

Guest 1990supra

No not rumors, they have the car made, the presidents of the company can't decide if they should release the car or not, one wants it and the other doesn't, but because they have spent over 10 years on the car and spents millions developing it and making it better, there is such a small, SMALL chance that they won't release it.