The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jdm RZ 18psi with stock cats

ryansupra

I know catless is the way to go but here in Canada its a big deal if you dont have cats.. Cops look for this

Smash the cat out and bolt back up or even smash it out and weld in a straight pipe through it so it looks like you have a cat in there?

or do you guys get emission tested?

Smash the cat out and bolt back up or even smash it out and weld in a straight pipe through it so it looks like you have a cat in there?

or do you guys get emission tested?

Yes, we have emission tests every 2 years, thats why i am trying to avoid removing the cats and putting them back just for the test.. And if i place a pipe in the middle, then i wont be able to pass the test at all.

Anybody done an electronic dump? Some kind of electronic valve that will bypass the cats to raise boost?

Yes, we have emission tests every 2 years, thats why i am trying to avoid removing the cats and putting them back just for the test.. And if i place a pipe in the middle, then i wont be able to pass the test at all.

Anybody done an electronic dump? Some kind of electronic valve that will bypass the cats to raise boost?

That's harsh man haha I'd change them out as necessary. Doesn't take long if you have a jack, hoist or ramps.

There is a pipe/valve setup that with a flick of a switch will either exit straight after the dump (before the first cat) or if you don't flick the switch, will travel through the whole exhaust. Though I don't see how this would benefit you any further if you are going to be inspected anyway.