The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Real Carbon Fiber Dash, possible group buy?

Slutters

Hi guys

Been looking for a good quality CF dash kit for some time, i found this link:

http://kadean.en.alibaba.com/product/640428501-214406758/SUPRA_MKIV_RHD_CARBON_INTERIOR_TRIM_DASH_GEAR_RADIO_CLUSTER_TRIM_COVER_13PCS.html

Was about to email them and figured i would ask if there was any interest on here? Or has anyone used them? I can set up a group buy if theres a good level of interest. Looking for a minimum of 5.

GUYS STAY AWAY. I have experience buying the the CF parts from the company in china that makes those. These used to be sold by a carbon parts company in the uk that I will not mention and have the most horrible fitment I have ever seen. I personally purchased a full replacement dash kit just like that 2 years ago for my silvia s14 at the price of £300 and none and i mean NONE of the mounts fit and some just weren't even there. The parts are made from mounts created from the oem pieces so they fit fine, but there is just no way of attaching the panels that require clips or sometimes even screws. I also bought a fuse box cover and arm rest for my r33 gtr. The fuse box lid did not fit the oem clips and none of the holes for the armrest lined up and there was no mounting point for the release switch. Would not even sell these parts on as they would not fit on anyone else's car. Had to bin them. The finish on the carbon is also mediocre at best and the lacquer used is cheapest of the cheap.....and will turn white/cloudy in contact with sun light within a year or 2.

In the end I had to skin all the oem panels and nothing fits or looks better. Sorry about the rant guys, but I don't want anyone to waste their hard earned like I did with these. The bits that Paul sells will fit no problem :)

Edited by JZ480 (see edit history)

GUYS STAY AWAY. I have experience buying the the CF parts from the company in china that makes those. These used to be sold by a carbon parts company in the uk that I will not mention and have the most horrible fitment I have ever seen. I personally purchased a full replacement dash kit just like that 2 years ago for my silvia s14 at the price of £300 and none and i mean NONE of the mounts fit and some just weren't even there. The parts are made from mounts created from the oem pieces so they fit fine, but there is just no way of attaching the panels that require clips or sometimes even screws. I also bought a fuse box cover and arm rest for my r33 gtr. The fuse box lid did not fit the oem clips and none of the holes for the armrest lined up and there was no mounting point for the release switch. Would not even sell these parts on as they would not fit on anyone else's car. Had to bin them. The finish on the carbon is also mediocre at best and the lacquer used is cheapest of the cheap.....and will turn white/cloudy in contact with sun light within a year or 2.

In the end I had to skin all the oem panels and nothing fits or looks better. Sorry about the rant guys, but I don't want anyone to waste their hard earned like I did with these. The bits that Paul sells will fit no problem :)

They may have improved lol.

With that in mind, we will call it off. Thanks for that, saved a lot of possible aggravation! :)