The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New member all the way from Myanmar :D

Guest zwee

Hi everyone,

I've went through this forum countless times before I got my very own Supra about a week ago and it's got lots of good stuff so I thought I'd join and say hi :D.

This is just an introduction so I guess I'll keep it brief :)

I'm Zwe and as the title suggest I am from Myanmar. (I wonder if I'm the only member from Myanmar :blink:)

I've very recently came into possession of a 96 SZ-R from Japan. Ever since I was a kid I knew I wanted a Supra someday. I'm about to turn 18 and about to get my driving license and my parents decided to get me one :D

I love Supras and all cars in general but I'm a newbie so I don't know much. I'm very keen to learn and I hope all the awesome people here can help me :D

Cheers!

Edited by zwee (see edit history)

^^^^ I guess my country is still pretty ancient :D

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

I am under the impression that almost no one here on this forum likes the Veilside kit? I guess the bodykit doesn't compliment the lines of the Supra, especially that front bumper. However mine does come with the Veilside front, side, and wing but I'd love to go for the wingless look someday (If anyone knows any great looking wingless ones do tell :) ) with a Ridox front.

Other stuff that came with the car are Tanabe coilovers (I don't know the specific model), HKS intake, 5zigen ProRacer (I think its a cat back), and a Momo steering wheel.

Here's what she looks like:

DSC_0311.jpg

Edited by zwee (see edit history)

That's easy. Used to be called Burma and to the East of India!

Shall I pm you my address for the Haribo?

Haribo are well deserved; stupid thing is I went to Burma about 30 years ago, does that mean I can now claim I have been to a country I had never heard of?

Anyway, this is off topic. Welcome to the club, any idea how many Supras there are in Myanmar?

18 and own a supra like that, I wish I was that lucky! :(

Haha yea I still can't quite believe I own one now :) but hey at least your dad's way cooler than mine :p

Haribo are well deserved; stupid thing is I went to Burma about 30 years ago, does that mean I can now claim I have been to a country I had never heard of?

Anyway, this is off topic. Welcome to the club, any idea how many Supras there are in Myanmar?

How was Burma back then? I wasn't even born yet :D

As for the number of Supras in Myanmar, I highly doubt the number exceeds 15, including a couple mark IIIs, in the whole country. The imports opened up about a year ago and the most popular jap sports car that got imported was the R34 Skylines (A handful of GTRs and just tons of GTTs) and 350Zs. I hope the number grows because Supras are just awesome and I'm getting tired of seeing nothing but 350Zs and Skylines at our tiny meets :D

That is a HUGE wing mate. Very nice example. My supra is de-wing :) Going for the ridox kit

1.jpg2.jpg7.jpgphoto.JPG

ridox front but not wingless Daigo`s Supra fr. bumper,etc.jpgDaigo`s Supra fr. pass. side side looking back.jpgDaigo`s Supra rear (diffuser and wide overfender).jpg

^^^^ I guess my country is still pretty ancient :D

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

I am under the impression that almost no one here on this forum likes the Veilside kit? I guess the bodykit doesn't compliment the lines of the Supra, especially that front bumper. However mine does come with the Veilside front, side, and wing but I'd love to go for the wingless look someday (If anyone knows any great looking wingless ones do tell :) ) with a Ridox front.

Other stuff that came with the car are Tanabe coilovers (I don't know the specific model), HKS intake, 5zigen ProRacer (I think its a cat back), and a Momo steering wheel.

Here's what she looks like:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]167381[/ATTACH]

Edited by JZ480 (see edit history)

That is a HUGE wing mate. Very nice example. My supra is de-wing :) Going for the ridox kit

[ATTACH=CONFIG]167402[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]167403[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]167404[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]167405[/ATTACH]

ridox front but not wingless [ATTACH=CONFIG]167406[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]167407[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]167408[/ATTACH]

Hi JZ480, thanks for the photos! I guess you and I are on the same page :D You've got a really nice one, I love the clean lines and that TARGA TOP :salute: . I'd love to get those mirrors too someday, anything you can tell me about them? Like what brand, and where I can get them? Thank you :)

Guest Singapore Snoop

Hi Zwee. Surprised and pleased to see a Supra and import scene starting in Burma. I'm a new member in Hua Hn Thailand. Nice looking car.

Hi Zwee. Surprised and pleased to see a Supra and import scene starting in Burma. I'm a new member in Hua Hn Thailand. Nice looking car.

Hi Snoop. You've got a nice, clean one; love the color and those wheels! I've never been to Hua Hn but it looks like a beautiful place. I do go to Bangkok regularly. Any place or shops in Thailand you can recommend for parts? Let me know, cheers! :thumbs:

• 4 months later...
Guest Singapore Snoop

Hi Zwee. Sorry for the delayed reply. I joined Siam Speed in Thailand and their Supra Owners Club. The lead guy there is called Khun Top and he is a great source of info on parts, etc. I should know as I've had quite a bit from him. Here is his number also +668 6569 5959. He also has a 1000+ bhp Supra. Nice guy and very helpful.